Blower Motors - clockwise or counter-clockwise??

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Blower Motors - clockwise or counter-clockwise??

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Is there a rule of thumb to go by for our H-body blower motors ? I happened to notice as I was determining to renew or replace my blower motor that the blower wheel fin directions were opposite on the two blowers that I had. One was from the 74 Vega with air conditioning, the other was from the 75 Cosw.Vega which of course had no air conditioning. I noticed also, at Rockauto dot com that a distinction between CW or CCW rotation of the blower motor was a criteria to meet when looking up the 77 Monza. Since my system came out of a 77 Sunbird, I looked that up as well and found no distinction of motor rotation.
Also...sure would be nice to have all of the A/C Heat (HVAC) related posts and threads in one major subcategory....jus sayin....Peace
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Re: Blower Motors - clockwise or counter-clockwise??

Postby gerbsinmd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:52 am

If I remember right they spin a different direction depending on if they have AC or not. I remember this because I pulled one out of the junk yard way, way back and stuck it in, but got no air in the car. Had to order a new one to get the right rotation.......
1999 Saturn SL2
2017 Cruze Hatchback
2008 Town & Country - Family transport
2018 Cruze - 35mpg - avg, 49.7mpg - best so far.
2011 Impala - commuter
RIP-2002 Saturn SL2 Commuter car - burned a valve @ 234k miles

1977 Monza Mirage being Restified!!
gerbsinmd

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Return to General Discussion