Introduction

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Introduction

Postby Vega Racing » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi there,
#
my name is John, and I live in a little town in Germany. We have a 1973 Vega Drag car, , backhalfed with a 572 Cubic inch Big Block Chevy, a 8-71 BDS Blower and a FAST 2.0 XFI-Fuel injection. It gets dhifted by an ATI TH400 and the rear axle is a shorthened 9" Ford with a spool and Strange axles.
The car was built by my friend over a operiod of 25 years, but he only got to race it once, then cancer took its toll. After he passed, my wife bought the car for our 17yo son from the widow, she refused to sell it to anybody else. We replaced the old 327 SBC with the bigger engine :D
This is the rookie season for my son, who was racing Junior Dragsters for a few years.

I hope that I can post some questions and find some answers on this great H-Body site.

Greetings from Germany,

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vega Racing on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vega Racing

Re: Introduction

Postby Vega Racing » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:30 pm

thats the engine in a closeup view. Comments are gladly seen!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vega Racing

Postby hammerdown7 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:40 pm

Welcome to the site John, the Vega is quite a step up from a Junior Dragster! Best of luck at the drag strip!

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby vegastre » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 am

Great looking car!

Your son is very lucky to have a father like you. The Vega checks all the boxes for the classic racing heritage of the Vega. There was a time in the 70's when V8 Vegas were everywhere, street and strip. From the descriptions you have all the proper equipment to go fast, very fast. Have fun and wear it out!
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Postby Vega Racing » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.
The Vega runs 9´s easy, my son will compete in the Super Gas class in Europe, which has an index of 9.90
Easier to make the Vega a little slower :D

I might take it to some 10.5 races this year, depending on our budget (the slicks are 10.5s)
Everything was built in the home garage, no shop work involved. I have to ´give my deceased buddy the credits , he did all the chassis work... he is always with us, and always be the angel crew chief of the Vega... Rest in peace, HARALD
Vega Racing

Postby PumpGas » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Very sweet Ride!
PumpGas

Return to General Discussion