Need V8 mounts?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Need V8 mounts?

Postby ColinOpseth » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:27 am

Hey guys,
One of my close friends has a business that fills a niche in supplying hard-to-find parts for thirdgen F-Body cars (Camaro and Firebird). I know him personally and he is a very, very honest person.

He is one of the highest rated businesses on Thirdgen.org and I asked him about making some V8 mounts. Would anyone be interested? I will basically give him one of my Vegas for the next few months so he can get hte mounts ready to go.

As for pricing I find it hard to believe they'd be any more expensive than other alternatives. This guy does quality work and you can view his wonderbars (steering box braces) at http://www.Top-DownSolutions.com. If you want to contact him directly you can call or email him and tell him Colin sent you. I built his website and he is a very, very nice guy. His name is Lon.

Or, post here saying whether you'd be interested in someone carrying V8 swap stuff. He seems interested in helping you guys out.

Later,
Colin
Last edited by ColinOpseth on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby barebonesracecars » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:25 am

Considering the 'supplier problems' we've been having, another source for some of that stuff would sure be nice.

I don't think motor mounts should be hard to mass-produce. A reliable source for those would be nice. I'm sure Ty on the Island would agree.
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby DjTy » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:55 pm

barebonesracecars wrote:Considering the 'supplier problems' we've been having, another source for some of that stuff would sure be nice.

I don't think motor mounts should be hard to mass-produce. A reliable source for those would be nice. I'm sure Ty on the Island would agree.

yep, Reid is completely right... I'm very VERY interested... especially if it is possible for the supplier to ship internationally.

:arrow: http://p206.ezboard.com/fv8hbodytalkfrm1.showMessage?topicID=9051.topic
-Chevy Monza '76 2+2 V8 262ci (old) -> 355ci (oil problem) -> 355ci (piston broke) -> 350ci (current) ... LOL
-Opel Kadett E 1985 1.2Litre (Back up, had a broken condensor :P still need to find replacement accelerator pump membrane...)

My Monza in Cardomain!
DjTy

1976 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby ColinOpseth » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:58 pm

dude.. if we make the mounts I will definitely ship to you no matter what. The trouble you've been having is ridiculous. I'll help you out.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to General Discussion