Dolores Gumm - V8 H-Body Talk moderator has some words......

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Dolores Gumm - V8 H-Body Talk moderator has some words......

Postby vegaman04 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:36 am

vegaman04

Postby nice77mirage » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:25 pm

nice77mirage

Postby barebonesracecars » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:30 pm

Unfortunately, that doesn't get results.

MIA may well be a poor choice of words, however, he has been absent much too long with no reply until today.

We all appreciate what Bob has done for us, but since he is obviously busy, it would be beneficial to us all if he would turn over website administration, email replies, and parts service to someone else. At least temporarily.

His main site is still worthwhile, but EZBoard is past it's prime. This is now the place for the exchange of info. I would still recommend that he close down the EZBoard when the next renewal date comes up, and instead link to this site. Add his name here to the list of Suppliers.

I sent an email to him a couple of weeks ago asking about mounts for DjTy...still no direct reply. I'm not about to blindly send $$$ unless I know the status of the parts, and when I could expect shipment. Now it appears that even those mounts may be obsolete, since someone has drawn up a nice set of plans to do the same thing to stock mounts.
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:18 pm

Ridiculous.

That infuriates me even more than if she said both her and Bob are sorry.

The more I think about it the more I wonder if handing the board over to Bob would just continue their dysfunctional style of "administration."

Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby barebonesracecars » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:41 pm

I don't think you should hand over Board administration under any circumstances. I would like to see this Board be the forum, with you as administrator, replacing EZBoard, and linked to Bob's site in its place.

I simply hate to see two competing Boards that split the membership's time and attention, yet I don't want to lose the guys that have stuck with EZBoard, or don't post enough to have seen the switch yet.

Linking the two is between you and Bob, however, I believe it would be in his best interest to do so. This place has attracted so much business over the last two weeks that I really can't see EZBoard's traffic lasting much longer. As it is, I am only going there now when I get an email notification about a post I've been watching since the switch....and there are only 1 or 2, both having to do with Bob's absence from EZBoard. When those peter out, I'll have no reason to go back.
Reid

barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby v8astregt » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:43 pm

It seems that the majority of the people have made the switch. It's pretty quiet over there.

I know how you all feel about abandoning ship, but in this case, technology needs to take the win. This board it TONS better than EZboard.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby barebonesracecars » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:49 pm

175 of us here so far, and still growing everyday. Seems that most of the names I recognize (or recall) are here, with many new guys.

Even though there were around 1200 registered users at EZBoard, there couldn't have been nearly that many actively posting.

Would it be safe to assume that maybe half of those users were no longer actually active?
Reid

barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:55 pm

If you guys want to discuss this with me in person you can call me at 951-314-5966 and I'll call you back if you prefer.

I have a few ideas that I'm working on and I want to get a feel for the users about it before I make any final decision.

Later,
Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby DoozCoop » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:05 pm

I sent him an email over a month ago with pictures of my wagon, to be posted in the photos-"wagons" section, but never heard back...I guess it wasn't a "real email" like she said he doesn't answer... I understand him being busy with the military and all, but at least an acknowledgment that they received it would've been nice. I know Colin has other things to do (maybe not! heheheh) but you hear from him usually within a day - if not an hour! I feel much more "wanted" here than the other place. :D
I can't drive 55!
DoozCoop

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby fyrftr50 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:07 pm

Unfortunately the Gumm's seem to be taking this personally, for some totally unknown reason. They were completely against any improvement to EZ Board a year back when Colin first brought up the idea and it seems the same apethy is still very much present. Not sure why they seem to think our changing is a direct attack on them, it is not, just need a change from a poorly functioning forum and time to move on. If the attitude continues then maybe the H-Body forum needs to be out of the V8monza loop. Time will tell I guess. Don't bother sending pics to Bob, I did that a couple years ago, to get my Spyder behind a Canadian flag to rotate on the main page, I have YET to hear anything about that. I guess it was unimportant as well, besides, the pics pages have not been updated in many years now so what's the point.
Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby starfire383 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:06 pm

I think the Gumms are good people, but doubt that they spend much time on other enthusiast boards. If they did there's no way they would have stuck with EZ this long.

I sympathize with Bob's predicament, it's undoubtedly hard to run a stateside business when you're active service. Just hope when he returns and has time to process it all, he's willing to merge with this one. The better it works here, the more potential customers he could generate. No reason this couldn't be a win-win.
starfire383

Postby DoozCoop » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:11 pm

Just want to point out - see on the other site, underneath a picture of the motor mounts where it says "patent pending"....be careful if anyone decides to fabricate some and sell them...make them just a bit different so as not to get hit with a lawsuit....maybe that's why they're a little upset? just a thought....
I can't drive 55!
DoozCoop

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby barebonesracecars » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:24 pm

Using the stock base, along with a readily available GM mount, should be enough.
Reid

barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby SunbirdMan » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:01 am

I don't mind someone trying to make a buck. Nothing wrong with the Gumms running a business with their site. But I get a sense that they want to keep some control over the marketplace. I mean Colin is talking about putting together some motormounts. Then whats to stop Colin from becoming a distributor for Sanderson headers? Colin could go to a machinist and get a couple hundred sets of balljoint adapters made.
Remember when Danfig was trying to modify a Malibu rotor to fit the hbody spindle? That was the last time I remember Bob Gumm posting at EZBoard. He had alot to say when someone was looking for an alternative that didn't require his adapters. Maybe I'm being cynical, But today Dolores' post sounded like a sales pitch. Its funny that she assures us that Bob tries to answer every email yet he can't find time to make one post on his forum.
I remember seeing several posts over there from people trying to get products from V8monza and not getting responses.
SunbirdMan

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Sport Coupe

Postby DjTy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:38 am

Colin & Reid, you have pm
-Chevy Monza '76 2+2 V8 262ci (old) -> 355ci (oil problem) -> 355ci (piston broke) -> 350ci (current) ... LOL
-Opel Kadett E 1985 1.2Litre (Back up, had a broken condensor :P still need to find replacement accelerator pump membrane...)

My Monza in Cardomain!
DjTy

1976 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Next

Return to General Discussion