New forum VS old forum

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

New forum VS old forum

Postby danfigg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:25 am

First of all Ladies and Gentlemen, let us all remember Bob gumm started this gathering of H body enthusist. I believe we should have both forums going and post on both. We cant just have one Monza web site we need numbers here folks. We cant let V8MONZA .com just die and hope every one comes here .We need to keep them both going as well as any one else who has a website or any type of info. I found it funny that someone actually remembered about the MALIBU rotors that I was making for the MONZA. I actually made the conversion which is quite simple and have been test driving but I still have the skinnies up front. These are the things that keep this site working I came up with an Idea and went with it. Bob came up with the S-10 conversion and went with it. We know need someone to come up with body panels so our cars dont rot away. If Bob is away on military leave then we wait for him to return and hope he returns safely. My Loyalty is to the H-boby community not to who has the best website. I will continue to post on both forums.--------------DANFIGG
danfigg

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby Bacchus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:23 am

Bob didn't start it. You need to go back and get some history behind you on this.
1974 Vega Wagon
2007 Jeep GC LTD HEMI
2002 BMW 330XI
Bacchus

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback

new vs old

Postby danfigg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:08 pm

Forgive me bacchus for not being up on my history. But I sure you get the point. -----Danny
danfigg

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:07 pm

Danfigg,
Bob is not away in the military. He lives at home and from what I know he just doesn't traffic his own site.

As well, many of the guys here migrated to Bob's site when the Yahoo! forums went downhill. They didn't originate at V8Monza.

I was one of the users at Yahoo! on the GMHBODY2 forums. I believe they still exist there but they don't get much traffic now.
Later,
Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby monza75tc » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:42 pm

I was a Yahoo Hbody 1 then Hbody5 when they changed. I moved to V8 Monza and still frequent the Hbody 5 site as is quite a bit of traffic there. Will keep posting on V8 Monza and Hbody 5. Just my 2 cents. However, I do appreciate this format, but the color for something with new posts could be more of a difference from the already read items. Pictures are much easier to post.

Dick
monza75tc

1975 Chevrolet Monza Towne Coupe

Re: new vs old

Postby Bacchus » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:10 pm

danfigg wrote:Forgive me bacchus for not being up on my history. But I sure you get the point. -----Danny

No, actually I don't. There was some issue in the very early days because Bob plagarized a LOT of stuff directly from my site, which has long since been taken down when we moved to the Yahoo sites. I asked Bob then to stop copying information from my site or at least give credit. To this day it is on his site.
1974 Vega Wagon
2007 Jeep GC LTD HEMI
2002 BMW 330XI
Bacchus

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback

Re: new vs old

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:11 pm

Bacchus wrote:
danfigg wrote:Forgive me bacchus for not being up on my history. But I sure you get the point. -----Danny

No, actually I don't. There was some issue in the very early days because Bob plagarized a LOT of stuff directly from my site, which has long since been taken down when we moved to the Yahoo sites. I asked Bob then to stop copying information from my site or at least give credit. To this day it is on his site.
:haha: :haha: :haha:
I made a demonstration site showing what his site could look like with phpBB and damn near got sued!!
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

old vs new ???

Postby fyrftr50 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:54 am

I posted this on EZ Board and figured it would be applicable here too, if anyone cares, lol ...

Well Dan, your more than welcome to post on the EZ Board, but, like Marco, I will not. Why should I waste my time, when every post that is made on EZ Board (not V8monza - totally different entities) means that another post on page 20 dissapears forever. That's invaluable H-Body info being deleted with no means of restoring. Seems like a waste to me. Hell, EZ Board has been hacked at least a couple times as well, with more info being lost for good (some was restored but I know a lot of threads/posts were and are gone). The FTP folder loses pics with regularity and is frequently down. What's the point?

Having multiple boards will result in many people not getting a complete picture of questions they may ask, because maybe only half the people will be able to respond and assist that could compared to if everyone was in one place (brutal grammer, I know, sry). Look at the guys that still cling to Yahoo for some unknown reason, they post a question and they are lucky to get a decent, informative response in a reasoable amount of time, if ever. If everyone was at ONE board, then the full potential and resource of all the community would be available to everyone (like it was at EZ Board for so long). Split boards means less potential and resources to draw from. Your call Dan, but EZ Board is a poor product compared to what is available to everyone at present.

I wish EZ Board had been moderated better but it wasn't, I wish Bob had looked for and found a better replacement for EZ Board, but he didn't. Now Colin has offered a far superior forum for us and I intend on taking full advantage of it. Whether it finds its way back to V8monza or not is completely irrelevant (V8monza will still be present, linked and provide the invaluable parts and services that it has for so long with or without a forum attached to it), what is important is that the community has a resource that is safe, reliable, informative and open, which EZ Board is not!

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to General Discussion