Hey Barebones...WANNA FIGHT?????!!!

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Hey Barebones...WANNA FIGHT?????!!!

Postby roadhawkc06 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:21 am

:lol: LOL...JUST JOKING!!!! now that I got your attention....(I'm still laughing at the subject line....lol) I just wanted to say that your SKYHAWK is super nice man........gave me goosebumps actually.....

The hood looks great....man the whole car right down to the gages is very agressive....... :twisted:

Also the colour scheme........love it man!! Just cant wait to get my Roadhawk somewhere close to the fine quality and meticulous detail like yours!! 8)

ohh what are you running in it?

Cheers buddy!
:)
1979 Buick Skyhawk 5 spd Roadhawk 23xxx original miles
1980 Buick Skyhawk "S" 4 speed California car ( FOR SALE)
2009 Ford Focus ses ( wifes)
2003 Chevy Express 3500 6.0L

Chris
roadhawkc06

1979 Buick Skyhawk Road Hawk

Postby barebonesracecars » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:00 am

Yeah, you got my attention...I had to come see who I pissed offf...and why..... :roll:

Thanks for the compliments. It's not a 'perfect' show car, but I did have alot of time to work on it (abt 20 years!). Like anyone else, I built it to suit myself, but it's great when someone else appreciates it.
I think I enjoyed working on it too much......ever since the Quaker City show I've been wandering around like I'm lost....what to do now???

Oh, yeah....+030" 327/4-speed for now...350 Buick to come. Seventy pounds lighter!

I like yours, as well. A C06 Roadhawk? Are you kidding me? How many of those could there possibly be? I'd love to own one of those. I'd be afraid to race it or even drive it hard, but it would look good sitting in my garage!
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby Racin Jason » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:35 am

Hey guys, both your cars are super! I love this website because I lost all inspiration to work on my Monza while raising kids, remodeling house ect. Now with this online community I've actually gotten back to work. Seeing your cars just gets me going. I'm seriously thinking about moving my computer out to the garage. Boy, the wife will love that one.
Racin Jason

Postby roadhawkc06 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:29 pm

Hey barebones........as far as I know......there's only one C06 Roadhawk. It feels weird to say that ....but I think its true.....I have found no info on the production numbers for C06 Roadhawks, but I do recall the previous owner (passed away less than 2 months after I bought it) telling me that its a one of a kind.......only one had the glass roof. Being 16 at the time.....I was too excited about my purchase......I just wanted to get in it and drive! I really wish I paid more attention to him..........RIP Ken.

Racin Jason......Get the computer in the garage EL PRONTO!!LOL I find that ever since switching to his site....I feel very motivated and active to post and participate .

Slowly but surely the projects will come out to play......Good luck with that buddy! I'm no brain surgeon......but if you need help...just ask....you know you'll get an answer one way or another......

Cheers everyone! :lol:

Chris
roadhawkc06

Postby roadhawkc06 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:31 pm

Racin Jayson......I would love to see pics of your H body! When you get a chance.....post them in your gallery.....

:)

Chris
roadhawkc06

Postby barebonesracecars » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:55 pm

Racin Jason wrote:....Seeing your cars just gets me going. I'm seriously thinking about moving my computer out to the garage. Boy, the wife will love that one.

Sentence #1. That has often been my inspiration, as well.
Sentence #2. Since I spend most of my time in the shop, having the computer still in the house gives me an excuse to take a break to eat and check in with you guys.
Sentence #3. After my (ex-)wife discovered boyfriend(s), that was no longer a problem. :woohoo:

Only 1 Co6 Roadhawk, huh? I wouldn't be surprised. I've always loved those since I saw my first one in about 1982...he cruised the same places I did in my 'plain' Skyhawk. Looks like you have plenty of work ahead of you, but I'd love to have that "problem" right here in Ohio.

If you ever want to sell, contact me. I've always wanted to see the Canadian Rockies, anyway. I'll combine a car p/u with my future-planned driving excursion to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska! Do you have wife that is a good cook? :D
Reid

barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby Racin Jason » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:03 pm

Hey guys, just posted more pics to the gallery. I also posted a pic of the posi unit out of the Camaro. Can anyone identify it? Is this a gov-lock. Is it rebuildable? The pinion nut on the yoke came off easier than expected. It was actually pretty easy and straightfoward. Not bad considering its my first time tearing an axle apart. I also put the car back on the ground with the old wheels on it. I was really tempted to push it outside and wash it. Oh well the next time it goes up in the air the rear end is coming out.
Racin Jason

Postby barebonesracecars » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:40 pm

I can't find your pics. Where did you put them?
Reid

barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby Racin Jason » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:00 pm

barebones, they should be in the gallery. I clicked on manage gallery then added them.
Our blessed mother of acceleration dont fail me now. -Elwood Blues
Racin Jason

Postby barebonesracecars » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:23 pm

Okay, I found it. I was looking under your 'Personal Gallery', but it says it's empty (I went through the membership list, then clicked on your name. Still learning how to navigate around here, I guess.)

No, that's not a Gov-Loc (lucky for you). I think it is an Eaton, however, and rebuildable.

Can someone else confirm? (I really should know this, but alas, I don't!)
Reid

barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby Racin Jason » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:39 pm

I just tried to post that pic and I didnt see the browse function to retrieve the pic. I posted a pic before, now I cant. I'm not very computer savy so I'm just learning to navigate this site too. I know how to post them to the garage gallery but I dont know how to create that little garage icon you guys have. I also dont have a clickable link for my car in the avatar/signature area. So dont feel bad, i'm learning too.
Our blessed mother of acceleration dont fail me now. -Elwood Blues
Racin Jason

Return to General Discussion