H body Car Club

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

H body Car Club

Postby monzaman69 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:58 am

I had pushed to get the HBOA started a while back, and got the wheels turning, but it seemed that there was a little too much legal mumbo jumbo holding us up from starting a NFPO (Not for profit organization)

Having done more research, I found it would be easier for someone to just start a standard "company" sorta like a fan club for a major recording artist, movie star, etc....

In this light, I have re-considered starting the HBCCA up. (H Body Car Club of the Americas) As a standard LLC or maybe not even.

I already own a domain name for this (although it's currently out of date, it's easy to restart)

I was wondering how people would react to this, and get an estimate of the numbers interested.

Membership would be in 3 levels. All memberships would include access to the HBCCA.org's website, including hopefully good deals from large manufacturers once we get settled.

Level 1 - $20/year - You would recieve A Quarterly Newsletter, Membership card, and Bumper Sticker.

Level 2 - $40/year - All Level 1 Benefits, Plus a High Quality T-shirt.

Level 3 - $60/year - All Level 1&2 Benefits, Plus a High Quality Baseball Cap, discounts on any parts that the Club has manufactured, as well as a seat on the "Club Board of Directors", to help make important desicions in the direction of the club, including which parts to attempt getting reproduced first.

Coming with all of this, would be a few small job opportunities also for members... The newsletter wouldn't write itself, and article writers would be compensated for their stories.

Best of all, If you have strength in numbers, other companies will usually do more for you... Like reproduction parts...

Let me know what you guys think... any and all profits recieved from this venture would be put into having limited runs made of parts that everyone needs (see: Repro plastic interior pieces).

All books would be on public display for the club to see.

Later,

Adam
Adam
1975 Monza 2+2 Basket Case

Gone, but not forgotten:
1977 Monza Mirage
1978 Pontiac Sunbird Notchback
monzaman69

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby AusRs » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:25 am

how about
International H Body Owners Club
kinda covers us people in other countries as well :)
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby monzaman69 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:34 am

AusRs wrote:how about
International H Body Owners Club
kinda covers us people in other countries as well :)

I have thought of that... But, the issue would be with club benefits, the cost of shipping alone could kill the ability to charge the same membership fee to the people in other countries.

There is the option of having an opt-out system on the items, or a surcharge for those people who would like the items shipped internationally.

This is all still sorta fluid at the moment, just grabbing ideas and looking more into Federal and local laws to see if it's plausable.

Later,

Adam

P.S. Anyone here a lawyer? :lol:
Adam

Gone, but not forgotten:
1977 Monza Mirage
monzaman69

Postby AusRs » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:47 am

take a look at our site /club
www.camaro-firebird.org
we are an online club NO newsletter (dont need one )
$10 membership fee
approved by Au government ...have historic rego for our older cars ...what more could you hope for
btw we dont charge our international members LOL
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby monzaman69 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:52 am

AusRs wrote:take a look at our site /club
www.camaro-firebird.org
we are an online club NO newsletter (dont need one )
$10 membership fee
approved by Au government ...have historic rego for our older cars ...what more could you hope for
btw we dont charge our international members LOL

Interesting Idea...

How much pull does the club have with getting parts made?

I'm also looking into a few other options, like doing everything I can to work the NFPO angle... Just is a lot of work :)

Later,

Adam
Adam

Gone, but not forgotten:
1977 Monza Mirage
monzaman69

Postby fyrftr50 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:49 am

Adam
I think something like this goes absolutely hand-in-hand with the other discussion that is ongoing. Finding a suitable location for this forum, hopefully/possibly with H-Body.org. If it all works out, then your idea is something we can go ahead on, and hell, H-Body Organization would be a perfect name for it too.

I'd say hold off for now, till we get this figured out first, and we would also have to start getting the rest of the EZ Board lingerers over here for anything like that to work effectively. We need numbers, and in one place, not scattered everywhere. It will be interesting to see if Bob pays for another year of EZ Board come August 1st or lets it slide, as he should do. If he does pay up, it may be a while before lots of people migrate permanently. Unfortunately I still see a lot of double posters, which I refuse to do now, and that will have to end too before we can get the numbers you'd need for an undetaking such as your proposing.

We may have rushed into it last year, you had a baby and were obviously preoccupied with a much more important priority in your life, Larry moved out of Deleware, and Bob, as interim pres did a dissapearing act and everything fell apart, literally. As much as I'd love to see this progression, I'm not sure now is the time for it yet. We had drummed-up ALOT of interest in that venture last year but the ball was dropped, big time and I'd hate to see it happen again and fail miserably and possibly, permanently.

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby HotfootGT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:07 pm

12$ a year. Use this board as a newsletter and on going meeting place. Local people can band together and create a chapter. By requiring dues you should keep the majority of spammers and junk posters out! Lurkers could view a few posts and pictures but not post. I think we have enough active members on this board and the old ne to start a strong club. Could have window decals, shirts ... as part of membership. Members could link to their stores...
Howdy from Hotlanta
73 Kammback "Little Buddy"
62 Skylark 215 CI Aluminum V8
71 Dodge D-100 Sweptline
HotfootGT

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback

re:club

Postby Bonzai » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:14 pm

Count me in, I'd be all for it.
Bonzai

H-body Club

Postby Monza Madness » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:14 pm

Count me in too, we need to get organized, and fight for things we need, and fighting together, not against each other for the few parts that are left. We also need to post salvage yards we find that have h-bodys, and what they have.
Roger
79 IMSA TPI 350 A/C 700R4
79 Spyder 305 A/C 200r4
Monza Madness

1979 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Re: H-body Club

Postby monzaman69 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Monza Madness wrote:Count me in too, we need to get organized, and fight for things we need, and fighting together, not against each other for the few parts that are left. We also need to post salvage yards we find that have h-bodys, and what they have.

I had actually gotten that running hehe.. A few people used it.

You can look at it on the old HBOA Beta site at

http://adambrisebois.ehost.com/

and click on "Junked Car Database" on the left side...

Still works, just a bit out of date now.

Later,

Adam
Adam

Gone, but not forgotten:
1977 Monza Mirage
monzaman69

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:35 pm

just let me know when an you'll have my 60 bucks
dave d
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby Bacchus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:26 pm

The H-Body Owners Association (HBOA) name is the property of someone and you shouldn't be taking it without talking to that someone about it.
1974 Vega Wagon
2007 Jeep GC LTD HEMI
2002 BMW 330XI
Bacchus

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback

Postby monzaman69 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:42 pm

Bacchus,

We had permission before we started the endeavor last year... That is when that site was put up.

You may not remember, but we were very close to actually getting it off the ground.

I don't know why everyone is so freaking pissy lately about this kind of thing. Honestly, I have done deep research and that name is not trademarked, or otherwise reserved in any state or province that I have checked.

So, to be honest, I could go trademark the name and be the legal owner of it. But I am not that kind of person. I don't remember the name of the lady/gentleman who claimed the rights to it (Yahoo Forum Handle was She_Spyder), but we had consent before we went ahead with it last year.

I also had permission from Bob to use his background for the beta test page.

So, Please don't lecture me on a site that never got off the ground that we had permissions to use the name for.

Later,

Adam
Adam

Gone, but not forgotten:
1977 Monza Mirage
monzaman69

HBOA Trademark

Postby Buscop » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:09 pm

From the Office of the US Patent and Trademark Office

HBOA is trademarked but IHBOA isn't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word Mark HBOA
Goods and Services IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: ASSOCIATION SERVICES, NAMELY, PROMOTING THE INTEREST OF HOME-BASED BUSINESS. FIRST USE: 19980808. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19980808
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code
Serial Number 75608151
Filing Date December 21, 1998
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition May 9, 2000
Registration Number 2372226
Registration Date August 1, 2000
Owner (REGISTRANT) Home Based Business Owners Association, Inc CORPORATION FLORIDA 5200 NW 33rd Avenue Suite 215 Fort Lauderdale FLORIDA 33309
Attorney of Record BARRY L. HALEY
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark HBOA.COM
Goods and Services (ABANDONED) IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Selling memberships which provide information, services and resources for the home-based business. FIRST USE: 20000830. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20000830
Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 02.11.07 - Arms; Fingerprints; Fingers; Hands; Human hands, fingers, imprints of hands or fingers, arms; Imprints, hand or finger
Serial Number 76152700
Filing Date October 24, 2000
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Owner (APPLICANT) HBOA.COM, INC. CORPORATION D.C. 2400 E. COMMERCIAL BOULEVARD SUITE 221 FORT LAUDERDALE FLORIDA 33308
Attorney of Record Barry L Haley
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Abandonment Date October 9, 2001
Russell G Hilder
1949 Model Wife
1979 Monza Wagon
2007 Harley FLHTCU
2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie
Buscop

1979 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Postby monzaman69 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:24 pm

Russ,

Where did you find that info? I did some thourough searches :) Although I don't think I ever tried just "HBOA" I did for H-Body, H Body, and other derivitaves.

He is only trademarking the "Home Based Business Owners Association", and not the H-Body Owners Association...

Then again, look at all the trouble the WWF(E) had with their acronym. I'm going to have to look into that further. Some TM's are only good in the state they were filed unless they TM federally.

If Ez-Board hadn't been messed up, I could link to the post where we got permission to use the name H-Body Owners Association

I'm going to try to Contact this Barry Haley fellow, if I can find his info, and ask him if he'd have an issue with sharing the acronym.

Later,

Adam
Adam

Gone, but not forgotten:
1977 Monza Mirage
monzaman69

Next

Return to General Discussion