Spohn Performance looking to expand its h-body product line

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Spohn Performance looking to expand its h-body product l

Postby 79440bird » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:30 am

If I was to make control arms. I would have made them to fit. 68-69 camaro spindle. The tie - rod arms bolt to these arms and you can use the arms from a 67 gto which is front steer arms Or custom make the arms for any heights you want. Then you could use your stock tie-rods and not have bump steer. Plus you can custom make the arms in any length for a faster ratio steer. Speedway motors --------1-800 979-0122 sells these fast ratio arms. Just a thought
79 sunbird 440 chrysler motor indy cyl heads12bolt leaf springs 80 sunbird 3800supercharged everything from a 99 bonneville 75 cosworth 350 dual quads 84 efi vette intake mod for carbs 78 Buick skyhawk 350 buick motor A/C &TA performance intake
79440bird

1980 Pontiac Sunbird

Postby macman » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:53 am

i have 69 camaro spindels on my blue monza it was the old school swap until Bob Gumm came out with the s10 swap the geometry is better i feel the 69 camaro spindel ball joint to ball joint is almost the same hight where the s10 is quiet a bit taller. there aare more options for brakes for the 69 as well. so i agree
macman

Postby 79440bird » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:35 pm

Great job. I was starting to think I was missing the down side to making this conversion work. Looked it up an down sideways and measured about 50 time. I just could not figure out why everyone else is stuck on S-10 when 69 camaro has more brake options. Thanks for clearing that up I hope to get my cars back on the ground by next summer and try out my steering. Kool
79 sunbird 440 chrysler motor indy cyl heads12bolt leaf springs 80 sunbird 3800supercharged everything from a 99 bonneville 75 cosworth 350 dual quads 84 efi vette intake mod for carbs 78 Buick skyhawk 350 buick motor A/C &TA performance intake
79440bird

1980 Pontiac Sunbird

Postby MonzaRacer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:55 am

OK for one reason on Ghost/S10 spindles is the brakes are exact same size for drop in/on with out changing master cyl or prop valve the poor on upgrade gets more swept area rotor due too size, and more pads from local parts houses.
The Extreme ZQ8 spindle is drop on also and the ATS/Speedtech spindle for Gbody is solid upgrade. The older Camaro spindle isn't as good a deal as it produces some angle issues but I forget what specifically.
I personally have had zero issues with S10 spindle and still have Raybestos Brute Stop pads on them, they have sat since 01 but other than . I'm mal rotor rust it's all good.
IF swappjng in ZQ8 spindles and Corvette brakes the actual S10 rear brake disc upgrade works well. The C5/C6 325 mm rotor works in 17in wheels as does next size up, Kore3 has some hybrid kits using C4 rotor And C5 calipers.
Bob Gumm actually posted on V8 Monza.com why his adapters were developed for Hbody use over others. And it does make sense.
Guess others will do what they want just because, read about older spindle use but also found out many road racer Hbodys did get gbody spindles as they fixed certain angle issue's and they had other fixes for steering arm issues.
As for me I intend to move idler arm and steering box and up grade to Grand Cherokee fast ratio box. Also working on modified centerlink .
My biggest issue is affording a radiator since my factory V8 one was stolen, damn scroungers stole it from sitting in front of one of my other cars, not e en in plain sight.
MonzaRacer

Postby MonzaRacer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:56 am

OK for one reason for gbody/S10 spindles is the brakes are exact same size for drop in/on with out changing master cyl or prop valve the poor on upgrade gets more swept area rotor due too size, and more pads from local parts houses.
The Extreme ZQ8 spindle is drop on also and the ATS/Speedtech spindle for Gbody is solid upgrade. The older Camaro spindle isn't as good a deal as it produces some angle issues but I forget what specifically.
I personally have had zero issues with S10 spindle and still have Raybestos Brute Stop pads on them, they have sat since 01 but other than . I'm mal rotor rust it's all good.
IF swappjng in ZQ8 spindles and Corvette brakes the actual S10 rear brake disc upgrade works well. The C5/C6 325 mm rotor works in 17in wheels as does next size up, Kore3 has some hybrid kits using C4 rotor And C5 calipers.
Bob Gumm actually posted on V8 Monza.com why his adapters were developed for Hbody use over others. And it does make sense.
Guess others will do what they want just because, read about older spindle use but also found out many road racer Hbodys did get gbody spindles as they fixed certain angle issue's and they had other fixes for steering arm issues.
As for me I intend to move idler arm and steering box and up grade to Grand Cherokee fast ratio box. Also working on modified centerlink .
My biggest issue is affording a radiator since my factory V8 one was stolen, damn scroungers stole it from sitting in front of one of my other cars, not e en in plain sight.
MonzaRacer

Previous

Return to General Discussion