members-info and pics

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

images ??

Postby 79monztah » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:57 am

I do not have a digital camera. My 79' is in very rough shape. I had just aquired a 78' . they are both in maine at the moment,this summer my wife and I will be going to maine "on vacation" to bring the 78' back to fla. I'm not very computer savy so I try to do the best I can with what I have . " oh " I can't type either!!! :x ANDY
79 monza spyder
79monztah

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

NEED THE INFO- SUNBIRDMAN

Postby mldeolde » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:01 am

SUNBIRDM :) AN-- SANTA MARIA IS NOT ,OR AT LEAST WAS NOT , ITS BEEN ABOUT 10-15 YEARS SINCE I'VE BEEN THERE.MY BEST MAN IN MY WEDDING WAS FROM THERE. DON'T SEE HIM VERY MUCH ANY MORE BUT DO SEE MY EX WIFE WAY MORE THAN I WOULD LIKE. WHICH THE SITUATION WAS REVERSED. ALSO LOVE THE RED OAK SMOKED TRI TIPS WHICH SEEM TO BE A LOCAL SPECIALTY,SIMPLY THE BEST. SO THE TOWN DOES HAVE AT LEAST 2 REDEEMING QUALITIES
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby 75_2+2 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:11 am

Well, I need something to do today after I get off work. Maybe I can get out my camera and attempt to get some pictures taken of my car. Just don't expect a lot, it really needs body work and paint that I can not afford right now.
1975 Monza 2+2
75_2+2

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby barebonesracecars » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:50 pm

You guys are being too critical of yourselves. We all know these cars aren't all perfect anymore.....they are all a minimum of 26 years old, and most weren't taken care of.

We don't care! Think how good it will look when you're done....and all the comments you'll get from guys that say, "Wow, I remember what it looked like ___ years ago."

Besides, you may get some free advice on a bodyworking problem....a lead on a part you need....inspiration from those that have gone before. :!:
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby SunbirdMan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:14 pm

barebonesracecars wrote:We all know these cars aren't all perfect anymore.....they are all a minimum of 26 years old, and most weren't taken care of.

Yeah but I've owned mine for the last 18 years and I'm the guy who didn't take care of it. (It didnt help that someone crunched the nose one night when it was parked on the street) Right now its parked outside at my brothers place next to his boat. The front end is up on jackstands, the rear tires are flat,surface rust,weeds, etc. Nobody needs to see that.
Roger---------------------------------------------------------------
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
DIMENSIONS ARE IN INCHES
SunbirdMan

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Sport Coupe

Postby barebonesracecars » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Yeah but I've owned mine for the last 18 years and I'm the guy who didn't take care of it.

Big deal. It was probably just transportation back then, right?

I've had mine for 24 years, and that was the way I thought of mine. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had taken better care of it, too.

These cars still aren't highly-respected 'classics', except to us, but their time is coming. Many nice cars have been built from wrecks.

Hey....just find a computer-savvy buddy with Adobe Photoshop....crop out the weeds, paint over the rust, remove the dents, and air the tires! :woohoo:
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby fyrftr50 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:17 pm

Reid's right Roger, photoshop does wonders, hell, he went one step further and caught us with smoke and mirrors at Quaker when he brought the car. All weedy, rusty, dented and he fooled us all into thinking it was mint.
I just slay me!!!
Honestly, it was and is mint though (I voted for it, as much as it pained me too, hehe).

I agree wholeheartedly with what he said though, I always get a kick out of seeing where people start from and the miraculous transformation in the end, it never ceases to amaze me what guys on here can do with their carts. So take the damn pic and be proud of it knowing how good you'll have it in years to come!!!

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Face

Postby bugdewde » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:25 pm

Everyone has seen my car on my avatar......... here's what it looks like now:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dwight

'72 Vega GT Kammback, 215 V8
'73 Vega Wagon - Currently in Limbo....
My rides: http://www.cardomain.com/id/bugdewde
bugdewde

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Previous

Return to General Discussion