Spyder Emblems ???????????

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: emblem samples are in ...some progress

Postby fyrftr50 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Oz
All the H-Bodies that had a round emblem used the exact same metal housing (Chev and Buick). Monza 2+2, Monza Spyder and Skyhawk (Early Buick logo and both later Skyhawk logos - blue/silver hawk and black/silver 'Skyhawk' script). Only the Starfire was different in that it used a rectangular shaped emblem and housing. Pontiac never used this style emblem on the Sunbird
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby MIKESMONZA » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks Dave;
for the reply here and by E/mail,

It is Almost Certain ,,That Happiness comes from "Small Thing's",
And We will be Posting a Picture ASAP,

,,,No "Worie's" :D as you all do :hail: :hail:
:arrow: "Ausssome Work"
Thanks from Texas
Mike 8) 8)
355,SBC,700R4Trans,3.42 rear,Sandersons,Edelbrock,Carb,Intake,Griffin,1,900 rpms at 60 MPH Highway Cruise Car.
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby MIKESMONZA » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:12 pm

They arrived to day,
A Late Model GM Truck un-marked Came Up drive from Road,,, :?:

Driven by My Rural Mail Contractor, Boots,Jeans, V-Top Blouse, :D
Ahem;A knock out DropDead,, Gorgeous Older Woman,,,5'9- 6'-2'Tall
Home Grown Tomatoes
Naturally Colored Hair :D :D
handing me a couple of Packages,
:shock: one from NSW,Austraila

:oops: When I finished Sighning Receipt,
Wiping My Moustache Edge from Drool,,
Looking to see What she was staring at :wink:beside Me???
:arrow: My Grand' Son was Flirting with her and Being Five he has a Gift of charm,,,
She Promissed Him,,, she would see him Again!!,, >> She Left ,,we both waved,, :( :(
lol
I opened The Obivious Package,
Out of His Sight,

As He has a "Racoon" Like fondiness for any thing Shiny ,
and will go and hide Them,,in his Stash
Unless you are Remodeling,Lifting Heavy Furniture, Roofing your House,
Pulling 2 Rear seat bucket's out of your h-body,
He has Them hidden away,,

:arrow: Well they were Really well Packed,
and Waterproof,Moisture Proof,
The Bubble Wrap on the Heavy Nose Piece would Save them in a flood,
:arrow: Or Land on Tom Hanks Beach in Castaway,

,,,By the way they are Realy a good set of Piece's,,
:arrow: Drop Dead Gorgeous,, My Salute to Aussie Pride, h-Body Pride,
I am more than Satisfied,,
Mike I wiill get a Picture up as SAP this week,
355,SBC,700R4Trans,3.42 rear,Sandersons,Edelbrock,Carb,Intake,Griffin,1,900 rpms at 60 MPH Highway Cruise Car.
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby ozpont » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:42 am

Hi guys.. you probably think I've gone off an had a :sick: / given up because only 5 sets of emblems have actually sold total.. .... well.. no..

.. in about 10 days I expect to have the first finished Spyder emblem..

.. this one is the toughest to do.. and not withstanding the difficulty in spending around $6000 to justify 5 emblems sets.. talking with Mr Obarma the other night about the problems facing H-Body Owners across the world... and that I was facing a cost blow out.. he just turned and said .. inspirationally ... .. " think long term Dave... we must Keep TRYING (raising his right Democratic clenched fist..).... and when somebody says no your can't.. we say "YES WE CAN"....

....so .. I ask you if you want me to go ahead.. and do the Spyder emblem.. is there anybody left out with an order....??

(still waiting for my Stimulous check to turn up from him..keep watching the mail box.. ... :rolleyes:
ozpont

Postby acstestinc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm still here, waiting. lol
acstestinc

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby AusRs » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:09 am

acstestinc wrote:I'm still here, waiting. lol

for the spyder ones i bet ........................THEY are the ones that were most in demand from the begining from memory
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby CDA » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 am

Hey ozpont,

I would be interested in ordering the Spyder emblems without the housing. I think they would look great on the center cap piece of my rims. Would that be possible and if so, what would the cost be (for four).
Reality is like a bar of soap. Sometimes it's hard to get a grip on it.
CDA

Postby AusRs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:29 am

Hi guys
Dave has been away for a few days and most likely has not seen this post
there have been a few hiccups with the Spyder emblem ,however it now looks like all is good and we could even see a sample in a few weeks time .............Spyder IS the hardest h body emblem to reproduce (so i am told )
AusRs

Postby ozpont » Tue May 05, 2009 12:46 am

Well.. another effort and step closer to the end..
...not perfect enough yet for you guys or me but getting there, there is a slight edge curve to eliminate & a slightly thicker base to create...... graphics are much better.. but somebody here. .please compare... really be critical.. bitch and moun like there is not tomorrow.. IF you have a perfect original.. so that we can fix it .. if it's not deemed good enough.. we'll know more how to help you maybe etc.. or if its not possible etc. as we are getting so close now....Image
ozpont

Postby spyder_xlch » Tue May 05, 2009 5:34 am

I think it looks great. The red doesn't seem right to me but the design is nice. The original red is darker and semi-transparent with a silver backing. It has the look of a dark candy red over a silver base.
But on the other hand I've only seen old emblems that are weathered. I haven't seen a NOS emblem first hand.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby CDA » Wed May 06, 2009 7:24 pm

I agree with spyder_xlch. It may be just the way the photo was taken but the red should be darker. The background web appears to be silver on a flat background. On the original emblem the background is contoured so that the web design shows up as highlights (see the attached graphic). It does look great though. It's nice to see how far you've come.

spyder_emblem.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reality is like a bar of soap. Sometimes it's hard to get a grip on it.
CDA

Re: Sypder emblem dead.

Postby ozpont » Fri May 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Sorry guys but I just can't keep reinvesting in this lot .. in reality extreme minimal purhases so far... & so far the loss is + US$6000/ $7,000... without an end to the reworking of the Spyder emblem... and without a perfect sample the continual retooling for the Spyder is way out. The current production is close but to me not close enough... but now looking at the above large image.. its in need of retooling all over again. Unfortunately for Spyder owners unless somebody comes along with more time, skill and money to do these .. the NOS ones will continue to go for US$700 + etc.
At least we have the Skyhawk guys and the Monza bow tie in order along with the housings perfect as the buyers have mentioned... two out of three.. but the Spyder was the hardest to reverse engineer and for that reason kept till last.
Let me know if you want any Skyhawk or Monza production before they are sold out.
ozpont

Postby res0o7eb » Fri May 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Dave,

On page 7 of this thread, you have a die that looks like it would have produced the 3-D web effect underneath the spider.
The last attempt shows the web in silver. To me that is good enough. Not exact, but I wouldn't mind having it on my car. It is much better that an ugly, faded, chipped and or broken emblem. At least yours looks new.

Do you have a larger more defined image of that last emblem so we can compare it to the image posted by CDA.
Perhaps the red background color mismatch is more of a result of us viewing an image and not the real thing. Perhaps not. But maybe with an adjustment of that red, we could call it good. That wouldn't take any more tooling, would it?

BTW, I am very happy with the Skyhawk emblems - they are extremely good quality parts. I am sure that these Spyder emblems would be just as good.
I think I said I would also buy two Spyder emblems from you , Dave. I still stand by that commitment for your current version. It is good enough.

Monza fans,
How many of you are interested in purchasing this last and final version of the Spyder emblem?
Last edited by res0o7eb on Fri May 08, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby steelhead » Fri May 08, 2009 10:48 pm

I'm still up for 2 sets of bowties but works still very slow. I do have a couple good jobs coming up so maybe its in the near future. PLEASE let us know when your inventory is running low.
Lanse
75 2+2
76 2+2
77 Astre Formula
78 Monza Wagon
steelhead

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby AusRs » Sat May 09, 2009 3:41 am

not to sure how often Dave checks in
way back on page 7 there was a clear disk that looked like a see through spyder emblem
bad news is whilst the supplier could make that ,they could NOT get the colors to work with the chrome ...........sucks but thats the fact .they removed themselves from making them :(
This latest version (i am sorry to say it will be the last try to get them done from Dave ) is not going to be manufactured along the same lines as the OEM one was as NO ONE wants to make it as it is to hard (i wondered why he left this one till last ) from my understanding (no i have not seen them as yet ) is that the emblem itself will be manufactured to LOOK like the correct emblem BUT will be made more like the emblems of today with a graphic under an acrylic lens
It will NOT be like NOS emblems (also wont cost as much either ) however in my opinion anything that looks like an OEM emblem is way better than the faded things we see from time to time or have to use because that is all that is available (or that we can afford )
lets hope that the graphic can be made to look a little 3d and the color can be made a touch darker :)

Me i am happy to use the bowtie emblems BUT would prefer the spyder ones !
AusRs

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion