Spyder Emblems ???????????

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: emblem samples are in ...some progress

Postby CDA » Sat May 09, 2009 10:08 am

I would still be interested in 4 Spyder emblems without the housing if that is at all possible.
Reality is like a bar of soap. Sometimes it's hard to get a grip on it.
CDA

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby ozpont » Thu May 14, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Guys.. thanks for each comment.. I was hoping AUSMONZA could be available to give his critical opinion to you after seeing one of the Spyder emblems in full but he's tied up with work in the last week.....

Production update.. is I'm going to use the image shown below.. provided here..Image - which as you know we have not had an original good spyder insert to go by.. but looking at it.. IS IT A wheel cap emblem...??? :?: ..... is that correct.. as the outer edges seem like a raised fold.. but its given us a lot more clarity of the depth of the image colors.. I'll try this now over the coming weeks.. and in the meantime will assemble a few Spyder emblems.. .. then we can figure those restorers wants these first ones etc.. etc..

BTW.. we do have now .. the legals and rolling along as you need to be these days guys .. better to do it right then otherwise... Monza and Skyhawk emblems are Fully GM Restoration Parts Approved.. and good parts they are.. .. which .. in a quiet way.. IS BLOODY GOOD NEWS for a bunch of dedicated H body restorers..

so.. back to the design room...
ozpont

Postby res0o7eb » Thu May 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Can somebody post a good-quality image of their NOS spyder emblem, please?

CDA pointed out that these Spyder emblems would look cool on the center cap of a set of wheels.
Good idea. If Dave can make this 'dual-purpose' Spyder emblem from the same tooling, then the potential for much lower per unit cost is greater if there is an increase in demand.
Instead of 2 emblems would you be interested in 6? If so, what would the per unit cost need to be to make it worthwhile to purchase 6?
For those of you not interested in a new Spyder emblem due to the current per unit cost, what if, through an increase in volume due to the potential use of the emblem as a center cap, the cost Dave quoted previously was less. At what per unit price point would you purchase 1 or 2 emblems?
No commitment to purchase - this is just an informal poll.
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby AusRs » Fri May 15, 2009 6:14 am

Sorry guys i have had much to do this week
i WILL be down at Dave,s next tuesday so will check out the latest samples and see how they are ,and yes would be nice to have Spyder wheel center caps ..........think that the Spyder emblem is the one everyone has been waiting for
AusRs

Postby CDA » Sat May 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Here is a scanned image of a NOS spyder emblem. My other posted picture was a photoshop graphic based on the scan.
Spyder Emblem.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reality is like a bar of soap. Sometimes it's hard to get a grip on it.
CDA

Postby purplespyder79 » Sun May 24, 2009 1:41 pm

OMG!! Dave, uve heard it a million times, whens the spyders gonna be ready? Cant wait to order a set to crawl onto my car. And hell Ya for wheel inserts, im in for a set. One question tho, any chance i can order them unpainted, and unasembled? Im a amazing Hobbyist and can do magical things with various hobby paints/airbrushing..

Also dont know if it helps but i havent seen anyone post their actual emblems for a reference,, not much colour left from the sun but heres mine.
purplespyder79

Postby AusRs » Mon May 25, 2009 4:53 am

Sorry guys
the hold up this time is ME ...............i have to go down and see Dave to give them a final look over and life this last week or so has not left me any time to get there (its a long 20 min drive to get there )
I promise that THIS week it shall be done !
AusRs

Re: Spyder Emblems ???????????

Postby AusRs » Tue May 26, 2009 5:42 am

OK I went down to see Dave today to look at the latest sample of the emblems
to put it blunt they look bloody fantastic and i would be happy to put them on my car simple as that
here is the but .......they do NOT look like the OEM emblems as they have no 3d effect on them ,Dave is unhappy about that as well ,there is i believe another sample coming in that may look a little better as far as the 3d goes not sure at this time as i didnt see them

On discussing emblems for H bodies etc he is a little disappointed so far with the effort he has put in to get the skyhawk and bowtie emblems reproduced and so far he has sold 4 sets of emblems (guys you must agree that IF any h body things are going to be reproduced we as a group MUST get behind the supplier and actually BUY them costs involved in making these things is NOT cheap ! !!!)

the way the Spyder emblem is playing out at this time
Dave has tried to go the oem method of having the disk made and painted as oem ..........manufacturer could not get the detail correct there was always to much bleed through of color ,this latest one is fantastic to look at IF you are happy enough NOT to want the 3d effect of stock .IF this one does not work out it will be the last try and the Spyder emblems will NOT be reproduced ..............its up to you guys to voice an opinion ..........
options
1 keep running with faded/clear ugly emblems
2 pay around $600 for NOS when and if they come up
3 get something close and at least have something decent to run on your car

thats about it...............
AusRs

Postby rm617 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 pm

At the H-body meet Sat. June 7th at Quaker City, I'll be showing the bowtie emblems I bought. Maybe that will spark some interest. Plus it will show the difference(if any) between the new ones and the 18,500 mile ones on my Mirage. :D
Ron
1977 Monza Mirage 20,000 original miles
Featured in Hemming Muscle Machines magazine January 2005 issue.
rm617

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby monzaaddict » Wed May 27, 2009 12:54 pm

If you want a loose nos spyder emblem let me know - I sent a pm about a week ago.
monzaaddict

Postby AusRs » Wed May 27, 2009 8:37 pm

monzaaddict wrote:If you want a loose nos spyder emblem let me know - I sent a pm about a week ago.

sorry i missed the pm
you now have PM
with all the details where to post it to

Dave said to say thanks as it will be a lot easier to show a sample of what we want rather than an image
AusRs

Postby ozpont » Thu May 28, 2009 5:33 am

thankyou MonzaAddict.. that'll help allot.. I'll be giving Ausmonza one of the latest to fit to his car regardless and "test" it.. and sure as heck he'll photograph it for sure.. but I'll try one more time to get this Spyder 3d effect better or 100%..
As he knows & was showing him today.. although I'm pretty deeply involved in the passion of all this stuff.. I've just had produced 4,000 of 4 colors of another certain emblem that is to hit the market in a few weeks time.. expected to move around 250 of each color in the coming 12 weeks.. with the Monza.. Spyder.. it'll be probably 20 or 30 total.... BUT.. lets keep trying..its got UNDERDOG statis... .. keep going on it... we have come this far... I don't like NOT getting things right.. stuburn old fart.. (bit like Grand Torino but without the gun.. .. GREAT MOVIE THAT...one of Eastwoods greatest..!)
.. sorry .. back to the emblem.. MONZAAddict.. I'll be able to maintain its security .. please send and if it works out you will receive a free set as thanks..
ozpont

Postby mldeolde » Thu May 28, 2009 11:50 am

just as an encouragement i am definately interested in a front and if there is some way a rear hatch key cover one also for my IMSA. hope i can find a way to afford it. keep up the great work guys. :dance: 8)
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby acstestinc » Fri May 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Surprise, surprise !! Only 4 sets of Skyhawk and Bowtie emblems sold !!!!

What happened to all the guys begging for them ?

We as a group should be really proud of ourselves !!!

Here we have a guy willing to put his time and money on the line and we fold like cheap shirts.

I don't mean to come off as the heavy but man am I disappointed.

I spent quite a bit of time a year and half ago getting actual quotes on reproducing the spoiler, bumperettes, and door sills but my complete lack of confidence in the "customer" base put an end to that project.

I was a little surprised that the Skyhawk emblem was done (given the potential sales volume) but it wasn't my call. The Bowtie made sense to me.

My commitment to purchase 2 sets of Spyder emblems (even though I only have 1 Spyder and a pretty good set already) still stands and is cast in stone.

Hopefully the Spyder emblem will make it worth while.

Paul
acstestinc

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby res0o7eb » Sat May 30, 2009 5:56 pm

acstestinc wrote:Surprise, surprise !! Only 4 sets of Skyhawk and Bowtie emblems sold !!!!
What happened to all the guys begging for them ?
Paul
Not sure who was begging, but I believe that everybody who committed to the Skyhawk emblems in this thread have purchased theirs. Not so with the Bow Tie. I bought 4 of the Skyhawk emblems, not sure if that is one set or two.
acstestinc wrote:I was a little surprised that the Skyhawk emblem was done (given the potential sales volume) but it wasn't my call. The Bowtie made sense to me.
I thought exactly the opposite - there are many more Skyhawk owners here than you may think. Also, the Chevy bowtie emblem doesn't have as big of a fading problem and there is/was somebody selling a few NOS ones. Plus MANY Monzas here with these types of emblems are Spyders. But, there are more than a few of Monza Mirage owners here on this site, too. Doesn't the Mirage have a couple of those bowtie emblems? Yes. Buy some then.
None of the emblems are for Vega, Astre, Sunbird, or Starfire owners. Nor for Monza Town Coupes. A significant portion of the members on this site simply don't need these.
acstestinc wrote:Hopefully the Spyder emblem will make it worth while.Paul
I do, too.
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion