Got extra money? Want to help the Hbody Cause?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Got extra money? Want to help the Hbody Cause?

Postby monzaman69 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:27 pm

Well I've been in contact with several Plastics Molding companies over the last few weeks, and Full Reproduction interior Plastic sets would be a plausable option...

The only issue is the tooling it costs to get started...

It looks as if it would cost about $25k-$30k to get all the tooling necessary to run full reproductions of all plastic interior pieces for the 1st and 2nd Gen Hbodies (All of them)

The full sets would cost around $250-$300, and if we were to mark them up to $500/set (which is fair in my opinion to cover the tooling safely)

Which, if you do the simple math, would only need to sell 100 full sets to cover the cost of tooling (and I know i've seen more than 100 cars with shot interiors), then we could lower the price, or call it a business and reap the profit :)

If you are interested, Let me know... If we got this off the ground, imagine what it would do for all those rotted interiors :)

Later,

Adam

P.S. For you rich guys: If you don't want a partner, please just go ahead and start doing this yourself!!! The H-body community would be in your debt!
Adam
1975 Monza 2+2 Basket Case

Gone, but not forgotten:
1977 Monza Mirage
1978 Pontiac Sunbird Notchback
monzaman69

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Return to General Discussion