Off Subject Topic

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Off Subject Topic

Postby EagleFish » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:08 pm

I thought I would share one of my other hobbies with everyone, which is glass etching. This is just one of my examples. Hope you like it.

I worked for a property management company on isla Del Sol in St. Petersburg, FL back in 1980. The owner has just about everything imaginable. But, the staff wanted to get him something special for his birthday. I suggested a large mirror for his office with a replica of the company's business card etched into it. They staff would pay for the cost of the materials and I would donate my labor. Your looking at the end result. When he found out that i did all of the art work and etching all he could say is "If you can do this, then why are you working for me?"

He later blew out the upper range of my hearing in my left ear with a large fire cracker called a Quarter Stick of Dynamite" and refused to compensate me. This was at a Fourth of July party at his house. I had to sue him. Took 18 months to find an attorney who would take the case and total of 3 years until I won.

John (John and Richard)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EagleFish

1978 Buick Skyhawk

Postby mastiff » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:16 pm

I'd say the same thing but, why are you working for someone else period. seems like florida would be the perfect place for making a good living doing that. nice job. you should do a few on glass and mirror. go around and get input from the business comunity to drum up some work on the side to start. maybe even personalize cars. again i like it.
Doug
(Mastiff)
mastiff

artsy kind of member

Postby mldeolde » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:35 pm

I AGREE, IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS YOU WOULD DO WELL GETTING IN WITH THE RICH AND FAMOUSE OUT THERE. GET AHOLD OF SHACKS "ONEIL" PEOPLE AND DO SOME ART ON HIS HUMMERS WINDOWS. ANY OF THOSE DUDES WOULD PAY MEGA BUCKS FOR WORK LIKE THAT. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT AND EXCLUSIVE. THEY REALLY DIG EXCLUSIVITY. GO FOR IT. DON'T WAIST YOUR TALLENT. GO FOR THE GUSTO BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE BEATS YOU TO IT. :wink:
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby EagleFish » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 pm

Thansk fo rthe kind remarks and encoouragement. Richard is still in Florida. I had to move to Indiana. There was a point in my young days when I owned a lot of rental properties and worked for myself and my in-laws real estate family partnership. unfortunately, those days are long gone. I am looking to start up an internet business, though.

John (John and Richard)
EagleFish

1978 Buick Skyhawk

Postby Elfmagic » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:12 pm

Where are you at in Indiana? Im in northeast area. Kenny
1979 Monza coupe 357CI V8 light port work homebuilt headers edlebrock performer with holley 750 vac sec Blueracer .488 in .510 ex lift cam, 4 speed, stock 2.73 rear with '82-90 F-body limited slip diff. Smoke in three gears!!! Too Much Fun!
Elfmagic

1979 Chevrolet Monza

Postby EagleFish » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:39 pm

New Haven.

John (John and Richard)
EagleFish

1978 Buick Skyhawk

Postby Elfmagic » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:23 pm

Ligonier, North of Ft wayne about 45 min. Thought i was the only one in indiana that loves these lil' cars... guess not!
1979 Monza coupe 357CI V8 light port work homebuilt headers edlebrock performer with holley 750 vac sec Blueracer .488 in .510 ex lift cam, 4 speed, stock 2.73 rear with '82-90 F-body limited slip diff. Smoke in three gears!!! Too Much Fun!
Elfmagic

1979 Chevrolet Monza

Hobby

Postby spydertom » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:17 am

John excellent work :D

I do some some grapic art work also, we need to get together some time.

Elfmagic I live in Warren an work in North Webster and just met fasterthansome this past weekend and he lives in Goshen.

So there seems to be a few of us within 100 miles or so :P
Tom

78 spyder
spydertom

indiana

Postby boneheadzz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:44 pm

I'm in Lake Station near Gary and Portage. Anyone around here?
later
Mike :)
72 Vega Kammback GT 350/350th 9 inch
boneheadzz

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Return to General Discussion