Inline 6 ?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby 80 MONZTA » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 pm

LL8 Vega GT wrote:
Ok guys, enuff of me talking about what i am 'going to do', i know there is enough of that on here and i am sure people are sick of the virtual bad-azz projects , so i will post up pictures of the project when it is completed, wish me luck in the completion :D

Completed? Dude, we want to be part of it going together. At least I enjoy seeing it happen (with pic's), I am sure everyone else on this board does too.
LeRoy
1980 Monza, 305/Th350 removed for LS1/T-56 swap, can't wait to :burn: My Project
User avatar
80 MONZTA
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Iowa

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2


Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby gerbsinmd » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:11 am

For sure, I don't want to miss a minute of the conversion!!!! I love seeing everyones creative problem solving! I usually learn something. Please don't leave us hanging!!!!!
1999 Saturn SL2
2002 Olds Intrigue - second lowest mileage in my fleet :)
2008 Town & Country - Family transport
2002 Saturn SL2 Commuter car RIP - burned a valve @ 234k miles
2018 Cruze - 35mpg - avg, 49.7mpg - best so far.
2011 Impala - commuter

1977 Monza Mirage being Restified!!
User avatar
gerbsinmd
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:48 pm
Location: Dunkirk, MD

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby scooter1966 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:29 pm

res0o7eb wrote:I have heard that someone put a Pontiac OHC-6 in their Astre.
I don't remember what modifications were made other than to the hood to clear the cam cover.
If it was at all feasible, I would do that swap. I own a 69 Firebird with the factory hipo version of the OHC-6 in it called the Sprint.



here are some pics of my recent build with the OHC 6 in a 75 Astre. also added a turbo

Image

Image

Image

Image
scooter1966
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby HI WINDING MONZA » Tue May 02, 2017 7:48 pm

That looks fantastic! What's the power output?


Doug in P,R. 8)
My Old Cadillac Powered Monza Still Lives...........now on its 5th owner!..........Somewhere ?

The 90's just keep rollin' along........
1990 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab Long Bed 350 TBI V8 700R4 105k miles
1992 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe 2.0 OHC MPFI I4 TH125C 143k miles
User avatar
HI WINDING MONZA
 
Posts: 2976
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Salinas, Puerto Rico

Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby scooter1966 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Power output, no idea yet all i have been doing is burnouts up and down my road. hopefully soon i can take it to a test n tune and see what times i can get from it.
scooter1966
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby res0o7eb » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 am

scooter1966 wrote:
res0o7eb wrote:I have heard that someone put a Pontiac OHC-6 in their Astre.
I don't remember what modifications were made other than to the hood to clear the cam cover.
If it was at all feasible, I would do that swap. I own a 69 Firebird with the factory hipo version of the OHC-6 in it called the Sprint.



here are some pics of my recent build with the OHC 6 in a 75 Astre. also added a turbo


That is cool. Pure Pontiac. And a Turbo, too. That OHC-6 fits in that Astre fairly well actually.

I had forgotten all about this thread from 7 years ago. Wow, been that long ???
I recently received a flyer for some Pontiac enthusiast magazine.
They had a picture of a magazine cover with an OHC-6 powered Astre on it - I think.
Maybe this is it - http://ponchoperfection.com/
User avatar
res0o7eb
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Near Seattle, WA

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby scooter1966 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:58 pm

res0o7eb wrote:That is cool. Pure Pontiac. And a Turbo, too. That OHC-6 fits in that Astre fairly well actually.

I had forgotten all about this thread from 7 years ago. Wow, been that long ???
I recently received a flyer for some Pontiac enthusiast magazine.
They had a picture of a magazine cover with an OHC-6 powered Astre on it - I think.
Maybe this is it - http://ponchoperfection.com/



Yes, that was the Feb 2017 issue on the setup of the vehicle. Great magazine

And total pure Pontiac, as the turbo setup came from the 80 Turbo Trans Am 301.
scooter1966
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby ls1astre » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:20 pm

LOOKS GREAT. IS THAT THE CAR I SOLD YOU FROM PA.
ls1astre
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Location: Media pa

Re: Inline 6 ?

Postby scooter1966 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:03 pm

ls1astre wrote:LOOKS GREAT. IS THAT THE CAR I SOLD YOU FROM PA.

Eric, good to hear from you. yep that's the one you sold me.
scooter1966
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest