1975 astre lil wide track

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 1975 astre lil wide track

Postby bobs212 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:21 am

I own a 75 Astre Lil Wide Track. I purchased it from the original owner in Portland, Oregon. I was not only given the car but the original purchase papers as well. The car has 60,000 original miles. It was complete minus one side louvre and most of the front air dam. It was all there otherwise including chrome exhaust tip and lace wheels in perfect shape. I did replace 28 year old tires. Silver paint is original as is the black interior. It has been inspected and verified by Mr. Wangers himself and he signed the visor and one of his books along with a personal note. The car will be for sale later this summer - hopefully a collector will appreciate this rare piece of Pontiac history. I have enjoyed it and will part with it after submitting articles to magazines and doing a complete photo shoot. It is the real and rare thing. Am interested in sharing info. I located the original air dam in Canada and have had it painted and installed. Bob in Oregon
bobs212

Postby T-FATTY » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:01 am

It's a nice car, we have seen it listed for sale several times. Best of luck with the sale.
YES I accept paypal donations...
T-FATTY

Postby jacob.garfinkel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:31 pm

This post is how I found this forum, so I'll share what I know. We owned a Lil' Wide Track in the 80's. I'm not sure what year my dad bought it (he doesn't remember, and it was probably bought in Cleveland) but it came to TN with us in 1984. It was silver/gray/whatever that color is called with a burgundy interior. Sometime around 88 or 89 (I think, I was born in 84 and do have memories of riding around in the back seat) the engine went, as all of those do. Dad parked it in the yard, and not knowing that it was at all special and not a throw away car, cut it into pieces and hauled it for scrap. He saved the badges, seats, hood, and rear spoiler. I'm not sure why he saved those pieces, but when you have a whole barn at your disposal, you keep what you want I guess. I eventually claimed the parts as dad hadn't touched them since breaking up the car, and I love cars. Carried them around with me for almost 20 years now before deciding to do a little research on the Lil' Wide Track - as I'd never heard of it outside of ours. The seats eventually got thrown away (too many encounters with mice) but I still have the badges (Astre SJ) and the hood and spoiler. Dad has pictures at his house of the complete car, I'll try to make copies of them next time I'm home. I'm stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and he's in western TN.
jacob.garfinkel

Postby hammerdown7 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Interesting story! I'll take this time to thank you for your military service, all the best.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Previous

Return to General Discussion