h-bodies in movies site. Where?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: h-bodies in movies site. Where?

Postby bbcowboy » Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 pm

The IMSA Cosworth will be in Popular Hot Rodding in November issue. My other Cosworth Vega #1044 will be on set today...The official title has not been released yet....but I can say it is second one of the series with Will Ferrel as a news reporter....The project is being filmed here in San Diego.
Byron

Cosworth Vega #0756 (IMSA inspired CV)
Cosworth Vega #1044
bbcowboy

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 pm

I was just watching an episode of "The Blacklist" [a TV show and not a movie] and in the episode "The Judge" @ 7:35 [season 1 episode 15] in there is a Vega wagon with the drivers window down/missing and no wheels. I know this was a well "dormant" thread, but modern shots are rarely seen and are few and far between. I thought there was a bigger thread but this was the most likely thread it offered. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:13 am

The movie "Blue Thunder" has at least 3 chase scenes using a green 72 or 73 Vega hatchback GT. One is about 30 minutes in and the other two are about 30 minutes after the first. Shows a chase scene through a drive in movie over the humps and into the street. I only watched it because I happened to see the Vega chase...cheesy movie...lol...Peace.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:31 pm

74 V'GT we believe you NOT! I thought that was an entertaining movie for it's time, plenty of cool "toys" and action for my 18[+/-] year old self. I was half asleep sort of watching this Documentary on the war on drugs [last Sunday] and they show this drug dealer and the skirmish that ensued at a 7-11 store, and parked right there at the side of the store was a pretty decent looking [shape wise for all I could tell] Vega Wagon and a woody to boot! The panned across that spot about 6>8 times! :D :dance: Now can anyone tell from the "Levi" commercial that is running right now, if the car headlight is a Vega or not? It is about half way through behind the little girls head [her Left our right] the shape seems to make me think so but it is a FAST shot, and out of focus [way behind her head]. Just a little something to bug you too I hate being Cranked Up all alone! :lol: :rolleyes: Harry JAFO! :lol:
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:10 pm

I'll kick this necro thread back up [Again :oops: ]! I was watching an episode of "Iron Resurrection" ( Discover Velocity) a 77 Trans Am was the principal focus, but in the background up on the hoist was a Purple Pro-Street Vega wagon/panel looked finished and NICE! can be seen more than a few times.
I have seen a few times a Bio on Jeff Dunham, and in his early career he was doing commercials in his "Hometown" and one such commercial was the local Pontiac Dealer, and yep he walks by a brand new Sunbird while talking up the dealership! Again so few sightings now I feel we should mention the good ones! [Ok any!] Harry
Last edited by Monza Harry on Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 283vega » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:51 am

Adam 12 on me tv has vegas and other cool cars in the background!
283 vega
70 corvette

Brian
283vega

Postby CDA » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:51 pm

Seen on an old episode of Murder She Wrote.

Murder She Wrote - 1978 Monza.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reality is like a bar of soap. Sometimes it's hard to get a grip on it.
CDA

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby RedFiveKBS » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:14 pm

My 1980 Sunbird was in "White Boy Rick" for a millisecond. :lol:

https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_1220974-Pontiac-Sunbird...

wbr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:16 pm

OOOOOOOOUUUUUU! Kevin's car is Movie Star now! OK we're all JEALOUS now way to go Kevin! And thanks for "Representing". Now how the #e!! are we supposed to compete with that? All the razing aside Kevin
WAY TO GO! :nos: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burnout: :burnout: We are proud to count you amongst us [ahead I guess :oops: ]!
Harry
New link as Ricks came up 404, https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_1220974-P ... -1980.html Edit to add new link.
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby RedFiveKBS » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Monza Harry wrote:OOOOOOOOUUUUUU! Kevin's car is Movie Star now! OK we're all JEALOUS now way to go Kevin! And thanks for "Representing". Now how the #e!! are we supposed to compete with that? All the razing aside Kevin
WAY TO GO! :nos: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burnout: :burnout: We are proud to count you amongst us [ahead I guess :oops: ]!
Harry
New link as Ricks came up 404, https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_1220974-P ... -1980.html Edit to add new link.

If you blink, you'll miss it, Harry! :lol: Hey....I made $1200 for visiting the set three times though. If I recall, it was $200 a day per car and I brought both my red 76 and silver 80 each time. I missed out on one trip because I was out of town.
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Previous

Return to General Discussion