New to site, recent 79 Monza Spyder purchase

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New to site, recent 79 Monza Spyder purchase

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Hey Mike welcome aboard there is one place that makes fiberglass spoilers, but you would be better to hit yourself in the head with a 4lb sledge than use Rob Johnston's Showcars parts check out supplier reviews. It took me 17 weeks to get the parts he promised in 2 or 3 weeks than wanted me to come 250 mi. on Saturday afternoon to pick them up with cash NO CHEQUES! or credit cards (and I went on Sun. as I figured that his bank accounts were frozen by Revenue Canada and I had already paid about half and about 40 phone calls, all prime time of course) and I have to rework them as there is no mounting provisions and it is about 3/4" short. So like I said about that BFH, it would be faster to fix the one you have and use it as a plug to make your own Glass spoiler if you are unhappy/unsure with the results of your repair lasting. Repair would require cutting and epoxying the joints back together before or after using the heat gun to reform the urethane to the proper shape, you may also be able to use a soldering iron to weld the pieces to together (practice on a similar "spare" part to see if your plastic formulation is compatable with this technique as they used many different formula's through out the runs) Where are you located? I have many "Ralley II" wheels You can have your pick of any 5 of my spares for $10 sorry no spare centres or rings at this time, unfortunately shipping would be high from Canada to the US much cheaper to cross them yourself if that is a possibility. Hope this helps Harry (or buy Clyde's or another OEM off of ebay or this site)
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby jon72vega » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm

cjbiagi wrote:There is really nothing available any longer in fiberglass. Dobi used to make some but they have been out of business (at least H body's) for a long, long time. All that's really available are used ones and it's not easy to find one that is in decent condition. The one I have listed is one of the nicest you are likely to find.

Clyde,
How does your wife feel about bath towels on the driveway? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jon72vega

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Shhhhh, she doesn't know and she doesn't use a computer so she'll never see them. :lol: You don't think I'd put a nice spoiler like this right on the ground do you?
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby sirrick4 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:40 am

G'day Mike. Two places where I found a lot of dirt, old spanners, sockets and rust was in the bottom of the front fenders just forward of the doors. Once I started to clean all the crap out with a vacuum cleaner I found a lot of rust in there that went through to the subframe itself. The only way to get in there properly to check it is to pull the fenders off and then cut a hole in the false panel - if its not already rusted out. Thats why I started to strip my car right back, there are a lot of nooks and crannys where crap collects over the years and I wanted to get rid of it all.
Rick ......1975 Monza 2+2
sirrick4

Previous

Return to General Discussion