Anyone know where to download "Chevy V-8 Vega How to Build..

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone know where to download "Chevy V-8 Vega How to Build..

Postby robert123 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:44 am

Does anyone know where to download the 62 page book/pdf
"CHEVY V-8 VEGA How To Build the Ultimate Street And Street/Strip Machine" by Martyn L. Schorr?
Or can someone attach it to an email and send it to me????
Thank You!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by robert123 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
1973 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback, stock, 4-speed
robert123

Re: Anhone know where to download "Chevy V-8 Vega How to Bui

Postby dadhad1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:24 am

Try this site. Might be there somewhere.
Lots of Vega goodies here...

http://chevyinfo.net/vega/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'What is it? A Maverick? No. A Pinto? No. Looks like a mini Camaro. A Camaro? No. A Chevette? HAHA, No. It's a Vega. Ahhhhh, cool man.'

My Vega Photo Gallery at World of Wheels in Boston 2014
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/115 ... pAWBWhqw1V
YouTube Video Playlist of My V8 Vega Resto Mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1EZdPJ ... ELLLJsPs6C
dadhad1

Re: Anyone know where to download "Chevy V-8 Vega How to Bui

Postby robert123 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks dadhad1. Yeah it used to be on their about 6-12 months ago ... but now it's deleted ........ (sacrilege/irreverent/al-qaeda).

Hey, just looked at your link and about 100 photos of your car ............... AWESOME BUILD !
robert123

Postby dadhad1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks Robert for the kind words on my build.
Unfortunetly for me, I did the whole build prior to becoming a member here. :bang:
Would have made it a little easier had I joined first, but at least you're a step ahead in that regard.
Your best source for that publication perhaps would be MegaVega (I'm sure you saw his post in your other similar thread on this topic), he has it.

You actually stand to find a WEALTH of good info here on the forum, h-body library, v8monza, and the like.
There are SOOOO many knowledgeable guys here on the forum with so many useful posts over the years, you're bound to find an answer to whatever it is you're looking for along the way in your project.
The other advantage to using this forum and modern websites over an older book, is it's up to date !
Whether it's new things learned, items/parts that are now available (or not available), updated 'how tos', etc you'll stand to get a lot more I think out of the tricks of the V8 conversion using these resources.

Anywho, I've babbled enough.
But at the end of the day, there's lots of helpful guys here that are very responsive to share info and help you along the way.
If I personally can be of any help, PM me and we can chat if you want.

Take care and good luck with the build.
(Oh ya, and pics go a long way here on the forum, so let's see'm) :D

Mike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'What is it? A Maverick? No. A Pinto? No. Looks like a mini Camaro. A Camaro? No. A Chevette? HAHA, No. It's a Vega. Ahhhhh, cool man.'

My Vega Photo Gallery at World of Wheels in Boston 2014
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/115 ... pAWBWhqw1V
YouTube Video Playlist of My V8 Vega Resto Mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1EZdPJ ... ELLLJsPs6C
dadhad1

Postby robert123 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:13 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A member here sent me the pdf for "Chevy V-8 Vega How to Build the Ultimate Street And Street/Strip Machine !!!!!!
:th:

A few days later ...

Okay, just set up a new email account so you guys can download this excellent 64 page PDF article :

1. Go to gmx.com (just like checking your email). Click on "Login" (upper right corner).
2. Type in "your" E-mail address = roberthbody@gmx.com..........and the Password = chevyvega ..... then click on "Login".
3. Click on the Inbox (upper left; just like reading your email). Click on the e-mail in the Inbox "Chevy V-8 Vega Book" (makes a check mark in the box).
4. Next click on "Chevy V--80Vega book.pdf" (in blue type)) by the red PDF logo. Takes 10-15 seconds to load.
5. A box will open up for you ... click on "Save As"
6. Now click on "Open" to view the 64 pages of Vega heaven (or) click on "Save" to save the PDF file to your computer.
7. Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robert123

Postby Mark in INdiana » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Resurecting an old thread. I’m looking for a copy of this Chevy V-8 Vega Build book also. The 4 year old gmx.com info didn’t let me in to access it. Does anyone know where else I might get a copy to download? I have searched but so far have come up empty. Thanks in advance for any help. Kindest regards, Mark.
Mark in INdiana

Postby 75Monz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Lot of info here that might help you... http://h-body.org/library/hbodyfaq/index.html
Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose, but still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.
75Monz

Return to General Discussion