Who have we met?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Who have we met?

Postby Monza Harry » Sun May 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Well as I posted in the appropriate forum I was over at Jeff's house today (Cammerjeff) and this was my third time meeting Jeff I have also met Sunulla66, 73asregt, fyrftr50, NVEGAR8D, Zeke, marz, Tim McCabe, Kenova, Acstestinc, Vega45, Marco, Malcolm7, VermontSpyder, Bus Cop, BillB1210, Barebonesracecars, Monzadude, Cliff, Jim H, Dave, Alex, (sorry I don't know these peoples Username's), and a couple of other MonzaQue alumni that have escaped my trap like mind or is it a sieve :lol: . The purpose of this list is to point out what a wonderful group of people we have on here, and create a little additional camaraderie. I have also had phone and PM discussions with many others such as Clyde, Brian stage169, Len and Chris CSWORTH1, Starfire, and RocketRide and I have never associated with such a personable group. I haven't had a bad experience yet! So what is your list shaping up like and what was your Experience Like. Hope this is a positive endeavor for all of us! Harry And please forgive me if I've missed one of you in this, it isn't a reflection on you, just what is left of my mind, and corrections are welcome.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Who have we met?

Postby mahoy78spyder » Mon May 19, 2014 1:35 am

I've been following the H-body scene online for so long now (was one of the first 20 members of the old H-body Yahoo Group that started in January of '99!) that many of those guys from those days aren't even in this forum now. We used to meet regularly in Janestown, WI every year for our get-togethers at Brian Melka's house (who's since moved on to be the V.P. of Kohler Engines Americas "back" in Wisconsin after a stint on the east coast) To my knowledge, he still owns his Kammback Vega. Myself, Brian, Joe (with the '76 IMSA), and several others would go to the Jefferson Swap Meet for the day.. buy some goodies, and then all meet back at Brian's place for a cookout and car talk. There were several H-bodies there as well... fun times... Makes me want to make the trek all the way out to the Monzaque just to experience that camaraderie again - and to see some H-bodies again as I'm going through withdrawal! Anyway, I don't remember the names, but as I traveled for work or the military, I'd always contact someone I knew in the area where I would be.... have met other members in Seattle, WA; Jacksonville, FL; Chicago, IL (Joe & Clyde B.); Janesville, WI (Brian M) & Green Bay, WI (Dick Baumhauer & others); California (Chris Wheaton);... memory is getting a little fuzzy, but it's been fun meeting so many. There are many many more who's names I've just plain forgotten. But it's definitely a close-nit family, and I'm encouraged to see the various get-togethers that are still planned. Keep it up!
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby Kenova » Mon May 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Well, if you have been to the Monza-Q then I have probably met you. It just takes a couple of years before I remember your name, isn't that right Ron!? :lol:

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby bill1978v8 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Monza Harry wrote:Well as I posted in the appropriate forum I was over at Jeff's house today (Cammerjeff) and this was my third time meeting Jeff I have also met Sunulla66, 73asregt, fyrftr50, NVEGAR8D, Zeke, marz, Tim McCabe, Kenova, Acstestinc, Vega45, Marco, Malcolm7, VermontSpyder, Bus Cop, BillB1210, Barebonesracecars, Monzadude, Cliff, Jim H, Dave, Alex, (sorry I don't know these peoples Username's), and a couple of other MonzaQue alumni that have escaped my trap like mind or is it a sieve :lol: . The purpose of this list is to point out what a wonderful group of people we have on here, and create a little additional camaraderie. I have also had phone and PM discussions with many others such as Clyde, Brian stage169, Len and Chris CSWORTH1, Starfire, and RocketRide and I have never associated with such a personable group. I haven't had a bad experience yet! So what is your list shaping up like and what was your Experience Like. Hope this is a positive endeavor for all of us! Harry And please forgive me if I've missed one of you in this, it isn't a reflection on you, just what is left of my mind, and corrections are welcome.

That's a good group of guys. I met a lot of people at the Quaker City , OH meets a few years ago. I'd like to make it to the Monzaque this year or next. I hope to have a Monza again soon too!

Bill
1975 Monza 2+2, 4.3L V8, Auto
bill1978v8

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Sunula66 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:26 am

Harry!....I met Harry ha ha ha...and yes Ken I forgave you...this is a really great idea Harry to promote this forum and like you mentioned, I also haven't met an H-body person of interest that I wanted to forget :th:
Let me just enhance this a bit...maybe in your reply's to Harry's "Who have we met" thread, we could also mention an activity or when you went to retrieve a part at the h-body's place....like when Harry and I tore open a couple of rear diffs for a set of gears...Harry being the frugal guy he is, but helpful, hands me a can of 48.6 year old proof hand cleaner afterwards :shock: werked really well!! :? (smelled it for a week) Also when Zeke and I got together for a visit and a photo op. and rubber bar-b-que :lol: And to all the great folks from the Monza ques of the past!!! It's" beern" an adventure! The time when Freddo stopped walking @ Bryan's Monza que and basically went to sleep on the walk way and we were just gonna throw a blanky over him right there and watch him , we were all in stitches and have had a ton of laughs since! I've been very fortunate to meet many of you in far away places as well and Len was the farthest in Abbotsford B.C. and was very gracious and fair with selling me some much sought after components and we had a kool visit on two occasions, thanks and Howdy Len. :th:
Great idea Harry and i'm proud to be a part of this little community...Hello Marco, Bill Alex Tim Dave , man I could go on....take care everyone 8) :th:
....Cliff, Barebones racer from Ohio, Buscop, Vermont spyder sorry to miss anyone......
"remember... not everything is good on TOAST!"
3 Birds of a Feather...
#1 the Silver '80 W-66 code Formula purchased 9 years ago
#2 red "80 W-66 code Formula purchased Mar./16
#3 black '78-9 coupe with spoiler kit and 4spd 305...parted out to a Terrific H-Buddy
2015 Cruze Turbo Diesel/ Just replaced by the 2016 Sonic
'98 GMC 1/2 ton with corporate 3/4 ton driveline still makin' it all possible
Sunula66

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby vegastre » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Ya,
I joined the old Yahoo Clubs deal but did not post much, When the H-Body moved I did not re-up but did read the new forum (this one) about once a month or so for years. I really wasn't into the Vega or Astre enough to post anything. My point, down through the years I have met a ton of Texas H-Body owners who read the forum but don't post. They are all good people and Hot Rodders who share the passion. I have seen some outstanding Vegas and very knowledgeable owners down through the years. My point, most everyone I have came into contact read this forum and I have met so many I forget board names but their out there working on their cars and reading.
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Postby Monza Harry » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Well it has been just shy of 5 Years since I posted this and there have been a couple of additions to the "Met" and "Phone" lists, I'll try and not miss any. I added Byron ["bbcowboy"] yesterday, I have caught up with "Starfire" in person so he moves from the "Phone List" to the "Met List" now about 4 1/2 years ago, Rick ["MonzaCoupe"] and I have also met Dick ["hammerdown7"] and a couple of his comrades from the "Cosworth Circle" of the H-Body family, and I have talked to "Tinker" (Walter), Dwight ["Bugdewde"], "Merle" ["My 79 Monza"], "Spencerforhire" (Spencer), "Olds Starfire" (Jeff) "patrick1151",on the phone, and others I just can't remember right now I am sure of this. I will update as I go [If I can remember my own name :bang: :? ]
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm a late comer to this site. Had read posts as a visitor before but only joined a while back. I have met Len (bought doors from him) and bought numerous parts from Clyde, tried to meet (Todd) Senior Savage but the timing just didn't work, bought a stock Air cleaner from Dave in SC (SOLSAKS), too far away to probably ever meet in person but I think he's almost like my twin, it's insane how many things we have in common, and had some decent conversations with Doug (HI WINDING MONZA). Hopefully over time I will have the chance to meet more members in person. I would like to take the trip to Monaque one year but I've done the math, (time, cost and mileage), and it's look'n like that might be a bucket list after retirement deal. Taking a 70's V8 on a 5000+ mile trip for a weekend BBQ at current pump prices is a hard thing to swallow for me never mind the wife, hopefully her sister will still be living in Toronto and I can sway her vote by telling her we can pop in and see her sister on the way :lol: :lol: . Anyway, everyone I have met here have been nice, helpful down to earth people. From what I have heard from other members is this forum used to be much more active a few years ago but all I can say is the current members are great and helpful and the information in all the posts is completely in valuable. I have worked on cars my whole life and restored a number of motorcycles and vehicles and owned a Monza since 1985. I thought I knew a lot but what I know pales in comparison to the wealth of information both posted on this site and jammed in the knoggin's of all the members. Its a great resource and I'm glad I'm a member of it and that it exists, just the ability to learn from other members mistakes :bang: and successes :th: makes this forum invaluable.
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to General Discussion