Car Cruise

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Car Cruise

Postby vegastre » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Forest Lane Reunion Car Cruise

In Dallas now we have a car cruise a few times a year that remembers a time when kids would gather by the thousands on Friday and Saturday nights. In Dallas it happened to be Forest lane in the 70's and 80's. By the mid 80's It took the ultra conservative Dallas City Council to pass ordinances to finally shut the car cruise down. Time has passed and those ordinances have been repealed, forgotten or just relaxed because Forest Lane is now back boasting over a thousand cars of every imaginable design. Big kids and little kids enjoy the night. My buddy and I show up early and stake out our little plot of land and stay till midnight. We cruise our cars on the strip a couple times a night. This has become one of my favorite car deals in Dallas, I almost feel like a kid again Problem is their were no H-Body cars that we saw. I will have my SJ there very soon as well as my buddy's Vega and we want H-Body owners in the DFW area to join us. I will post this when the time gets near for the next cruise. Sorry no pics as my phone cam was out of battery but just go to Facebook and look up Forest Lane Car Cruise or click on this link.

http://kingvoodoo.blogspot.com/2014/04/ ... ruise.html
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Return to General Discussion