"SAFETY" check...seriously?!?!!!

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

"SAFETY" check...seriously?!?!!!

Postby thefatguy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:09 am

the great state of hawaii in their infinite wisdom has decided to 'update' our safety check system. so, never mind the fact that the state furnished ALL safety check stations--over 400 of them-- with I-PADS that WE all paid for with registration money. ( i dont even own one myself, cause i cant afford it...)

gee, no wonder my registration went from $177.00 to $341.00 in 3 years...

never mind that the 'reconstruction' station is backlogged 6 months because they only work 1:30pm-3:30pm monday to friday, never mind that hundreds if not thousands of cars are failing the new safety checks if they "look like hot rods" but all the 10-15 year old nissans,toyotas,hondas, "normal looking" cars pass easily without a second glance-hmm, wonder when the last time that car got a new brake hose. or wheel bearing. or radiator hoses. or u joints. or...whatever-

NOW, i find out i have to PAINT MY CAR because theres only a box to enter the color choice on the new forms... ( as in, #1= red, #2=blue, #3=orange, #4= yellow, etc...) thats right, to pass a "SAFETY CHECK" i have to paint my car, since its currently black/red/primer/white/bondo/bare 'glass/etc...

according to the station i went to, the vehicle must be "75% or greater" one color... what about 2-tones? flames? graphics? or better yet,what does THAT have to do with safety?!?!?!!

typical government intrusion and control tactics. go here to sign my petition if this sort of thing makes you angry.... http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...red_signatures
thefatguy

1975 Pontiac Astre

Re: "SAFETY" check...seriously?!?!!!

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:48 pm

I would start by notifying SAN (We All Should join as they are the group that fights for Us Hot Rodders on both sides of the border :patriot: :canada: ) and your congressman(sorry person)/senator and make a stink! You could also join "the Sierra club" fight them from the inside. You could also band all the car clubs together to increase your numbers in the Gov'ts (voted in) eyes! Your club could go to the local "Children's Hospital and give kids rides, in front of the newspaper of course and the TV station with a car guy/Gal on the news team just to up the profile of the Clubs worthy/positive members! Harry I hope this gives you idea's to Win this battle! http://www.semaactionnetwork.com/page.a ... e&g=semaga
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to General Discussion