Tailgate

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Tailgate

Postby gmagilla » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:33 pm

I know this is off topic but will be seen more here . If someone has a 73 thru 87 Chevy or GMC pickup could you measure the tailgate and tell me the width and heighth . Thanks .
gmagilla

Re: Tailgate

Postby CaptainPainn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 pm

Might be off an eighth or so because the tailgate is slightly bent, but this is pretty close.
tail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaptainPainn

1977 Chevrolet Vega

Postby jon72vega » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Reagan - Bush 84 ....That is an OLD bumper sticker!
jon72vega

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby mahoy78spyder » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Lol.. yeah, I was somewhat entertained by the bumper sticker too. That bumper is a collector piece now! :lol:
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby gmagilla » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks Captain , just what I needed to see , my tailgate is 64 3/4" wide , it looks like my quarters go about an inch past the tail lights toward the tailgate and that would be the 2". The pickup tailgate stands a little straighter at the top as the Burb slants in more . The Suburban I'm doing now has the barn doors and I can't decide weather to cut them down and have two swing out doors or put a tailgate on it , I think the swing out doors cut down would look kinda cool the only thing I don't like about having the swing out doors is the hinges showing and the door handle . The stock Suburban tailgate is very heavy and I would have to close up where the glass rolls up and down plus the Burb tailgate is $400 and a pickup gate is $99. I put S-10 hinges on the one in the picture , the stock hinges bolt on so not easy to remove and when open there is a big gap between it and bed floor .
Thanks , Gil.

We sure could use someone with a little backbone like Regan now !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gmagilla

Return to General Discussion