they are still talking about us

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

they are still talking about us

Postby waybad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:54 pm

as long as they keep talking about us we still win!!

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/worst ... -ever-made
Tinker
waybad

Re: they are still talking about us

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:48 pm

I am not sure that negative comments really help our cause. The best thing is for them to just forget about it and just look at the cars that are still surviving. That's why I always felt that we need to build some nice high quality cars so that people can see that these were not all bad and can be made into some interesting stockers or hot rods. These were always considered the low end of GM's offerings and probably why many people overlooked them. In reality they were made with many of the same parts or similar ones of all other GM cars. The basic design and quality is the same, just smaller.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby dindin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:53 pm

True Clyde, Taking my Vega apart makes me realize it pretty much the same as bigger brother GM cars not made any cheaper in quality at all IMO..

Al
dindin

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Again it seems most people have "selective memory(s)" as Chrysler's Dusters/Darts had the same rust issues right up to the mid "70's, I had a winter beater that I had to "cap" the fenders on as NO inners on them either, the Ford Falcon same again. My Dad bought a new '72 Ford Van and it had rust the day we picked it up all over the inside (cargo van) and within a year all the spot welds on the wheel wells all showed rust. But somehow only some of these cars get the "Bad Press". In '75 Ford was trying desperately to avoid the more expensive "Unleaded" fuel, so they had poorly functioning items that GM didn't use until the early eighties and had the bugs a little smoother by that time, and let's not forget the "Lean Burn" years, but somehow only select vehicles are taking a beating in the press! :? :bang: So I just remind those who try and "Crap in my Corn Flakes" of these and other facts, I can remember when I and my Baby (Monza and cousins) are being "Verbally Assaulted" :th: These lists do bring up names that many younger readers don't know and if they are curious and look they should find us and then they can be "educated" at the school of "H-Body" That is our WIN, (OK it isn't much of a win, But I will take it)! Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Actually we are reaching a point in time when most people don't know anything, good or bad, about these cars. That is probably the best thing that could happen.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:34 pm

It's the perfect article because it will pull traffic to the sight. The negativity helps because that willattract the full group of hater's and lover's.. and alot of in-between's.
So value for them is hit's to the sight, and people that will potentially click some ad's.

Sadly the more people click on it, the more this model looks like the hot ticket to web traffic... And the more you'll see it re-hashed over and over again.
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

Postby dindin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:24 am

marco_1978_spyder wrote:
Sadly the more people click on it, the more this model looks like the hot ticket to web traffic... And the more you'll see it re-hashed over and over again.

So while everyone is arguing who made the biggest hunk a crap, these guys are rakeing in the ad revenue.. :evil:
dindin

Postby vegastre » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Actually we are reaching a point in time when most people don't know anything, good or bad, about these cars.

Yes and no,
I was watching jay Leno's latest video of the yearly Palm Sprigs la-de-da Richie-Rich deal and they have a new class called the "Lemon" class and Jay featured the Vega and Pinto as classic' examples although neither one won.
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:26 pm

dindin wrote:
marco_1978_spyder wrote:

So while everyone is arguing who made the biggest hunk a crap, these guys are rakeing in the ad revenue.. :evil:

Yep yep...

vegastre wrote:
Actually we are reaching a point in time when most people don't know anything, good or bad, about these cars.

Yes and no,
I was watching jay Leno's latest video of the yearly Palm Sprigs la-de-da Richie-Rich deal and they have a new class called the "Lemon" class and Jay featured the Vega and Pinto as classic' examples although neither one won.

And...that recent thing with Seinfeld, where he drives a green AMC Pacer.. not an H body of course, but of the same era, and the Vega and Pinto usually get a mention when it's discussed
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

Return to General Discussion