Monza Spyder decals - Phoenix Graphix needs color match help

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Monza Spyder decals - Phoenix Graphix needs color match help

Postby mahoy78spyder » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:27 am

Hi guys.... got a call from Nathan from Phoenix Graphix today and he's asking for our help. He recently acquired the '77-'79 NOS rear spoiler decal with the yellow color they've been trying to match for some time (thanks Brian!) but now they are stuck in the project trying properly color match the remaining colors, like the reds, oranges, blues, etc. for '77-79, and '80 Spyders.

Since no more NOS Spyder decals have been mailed to them, what they're proposing is this: If someone has an NOS set of Spyder decals at home, - OR - you have a non-faded, "good" example of a Spyder decal on your car, Phoenix Graphix would like to ship out a color chart to you and have you match your decals to the color that most closely resembles it and then provide feedback.

If you're interested in helping out in this way, give Nathan a call at 800.941.4550. He mentioned that he will be out of the office Friday the 10th, but will be back on Monday the 13th.

I "know" some of you have NOS decals stowed away at your house... :wink: If you're reluctant to let them slip out of your hands, perhaps this is a good alternative. If you don't have NOS decals but have a clean Spyder in your garage, you can help too! Let's help the cause guys! :th:
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Re: Monza Spyder decals - Phoenix Graphix needs color match

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:28 am

They have My Black w/White Hood and Door decals. To Complete 77 to 78 I think all they need now is the Black w/ Red. (3 black versions fit all models based on exterior color, and then there was the Gold version too.))

To complete 1979's unique interior matched selection, they would only need with Black w/Green script and Black w/ Blue..

I hate to consider this, but think there's any street 1979 monza's getting restored with a green interior trying to find that 79 only black w/green decal set?

I suppose maybe. I have never ever seen black with green. I have seen black with blue, on a 79 parts car, once.

This brings me to an off-shoot topic... let's make a thread with pictures of every year / every color spyder and the right decals.

The 79's would be a big challenge. Each exterior color that year had a few different choices....were looking at about 30 + pics just for 1979 add to that about 22 for '77 and '78.

Then a similar thread for the 1980's
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

Postby mahoy78spyder » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:34 pm

I see a lot of "reads" on this post, but no replies other than Marco's. Feel free to PM me if you don't want a public conversation on this. I know a few of you have NOS decals that are perhaps unwilling to part with them so a color match can be had, so would you consider have Phoenix Graphix send you a color chart so you can match your NOS decals and report back any match you find?
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby starfire » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Ken, maybe they're afraid if they do that then the market will fall out from under their retirement plan (NOS Spyder decals) :twisted:
Alan

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertible
1978 Oldsmobile Starfire Firenza

"Starfire, the Oldsmobile you didn't expect"
starfire

1978 Oldsmobile Starfire Firenza

Return to General Discussion