ProCar Rally Seats

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

ProCar Rally Seats

Postby Zanie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:20 am

Does anyone have Procar Rally seats in an H body? I'm a little concerned about the width of the seat fitting in my Vega.
Any input would be appreciated.
http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Rally
Thanks!
Dan
Dan
73 vega wagon LS1 T56 build thread
http://forums.h-body.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36579
Zanie

Re: ProCar Rally Seats

Postby bbcowboy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:21 am

Hey Dan,
I have looked at those seats for my car...my problem is that they didn't fit me in other words my behind (butt) was to big for them ha ha...If you take the over all width and measure the floor pan...I think they would fit.
Byron

Cosworth Vega #0756 (IMSA inspired CV)
Cosworth Vega #1044
bbcowboy

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby speedphreake » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:08 pm

after doing some research on here, a few members had corbeau A4 seats. In the stock location with out a roll cage, they fit good. I bought a set for my car. With my roll cage and wanting to move the seat back and down a few inches for leg room, they didn't fit. I have them for sale if your interested.

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/60091.html
71 Vega hb
11 2500HD duramax
speedphreake

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby 1100kaw2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:30 am

Just my 2 cents.
Procar seats are prob. wide. I've seen them in larger cars and they fill the space up.
I killed myself modifying a set of import seats, bases and mounts etc... and they rub door panels and barely fit between tunnel and rocker.

here is some Food for thought.

I just bought a 91 BMW 318.(E30) It has factory "Sport" seats. Made by Recaro.
Tons of adjustability and support. Up, Down, tilt, recline, leg support, side bolsters, etc... Look pretty good as well. I've grown to like em.
If I had seen these before I did Vega I would have done these. They have nice flat and square mounts, easily adapted. Big plus.
I've seen them everywhere, and cheap.
Even pre made re upholstery kits avail for em in leather
Darrell

72 LS-5spd.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33788
1100kaw2

Postby hoffbug » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:54 pm

The ones I have seen didn't hold up very well...The stitching had come loose .
You can sleep in your car, but you cant drive your house!
77 Vega "The Vegrant"
hoffbug

Postby Vega2008 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:07 am

I bought the ProCar 90 - Scat 80 1300 51L and Scat 80 1300 51R black vinyl reclining bucket seats with the adjustable headrests for my 1975 Vega Hatchback.

I ditched the standard PROCAR seat sliders that came with the seats because ordering and getting PROCAR seat mounting brackets were to much trouble...when I called JEGS back they said the ProCar seat mounting brackets for 75-81 Chevy Vega were on back order and who knows when they would actually be available...at least a 3 to 4 month wait on the seat mounting bracket. The stock ProCar seat sliders that come with the seat, have funky end mounting slotted elongated slots/holes so you can adjust the height of the seat when bolting on the ProCar seat mounting bracket...if you can get them.
I also had heard mention that the ProCar Seat mounting brackets made the seats sit up to high. So I decided to only use their seat, and use the Wedge Seat mounting brackets and Wedge sliders instead. (The Wedge seat sliders have an actual bar that inserts into both of the Wedge seat sliders and is much more heavy duty than the ProCar sliders that came stock with the seats.) ProCar seat sliders have a wire linked to one side to make the other side seat slider unlock, which is sort of cheaper and more dangerous if you ask me.

I called the Wedge company and they asked me to measure the distance between the holes on the bottom of my new seat (side to side and front to back measurements), so they could confirm where the holes to mount the Wedge sliders on the Wedge seat mounting bracket would need to be drilled out before they shipped their bracket and sliders out to me.

The Wedge driver side seat bracket that mounts to the floor lined up fine for two of the holes front to back...the inner holes matched next to the tranny tunnel. The outer seat mounting bracket holes didn't line up to the factory holes in the floor. I drilled new holes in the floor myself to line them up properly. The reasoning for the seat bracket mounting holes offset on the mounting bracket is so the mounting bolts for the sliders will clear the bolts that go through the floor. It worked okay, but just as an FYI the seat barely fit the car using the ProCar 90 - Scat 80 1300 51 type seats. These are the smallest and skinniest of the ProCar seats that recline with a headrest to the best of my knowledge. Except maybe for the ones that fit the Corvette, and those were way over priced.

I doubt the ProCar Rally Seats will fit between the door and the tranny tunnel unless you removed the standard door panels and made custom flat ones that didn't have the arm rests sticking out like the stock Vega door panels have.

I only ordered one seat and one seat mounting bracket first (driver side) to make sure it would fit, before ordering the passenger seat and bracket from Wedge. Didn't want to order these in a pair in case the first side didn't fit. I was able to make both fit properly. They just weren't the ProCar Rally Seats. I looked at the measurements on those first and measured my car then decided against those. I will include a picture of the ProCar seat that will fit into a Vega in case you want to see it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vega2008

Postby Zanie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:32 am

I got my seats!
Rather than wait around for the procar brackets that may put the seat too high...... I bought the procar build your own bracket kits. I put the seats exactly where I wanted them and at the same height as the stock seats. I couldn't be happier.

Dan
Zanie

Postby Zanie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:47 am

front height
Dan
Zanie

Return to General Discussion