Gm made Vega El Camino

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Gm made Vega El Camino

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:56 pm

Larry you may be right there as I was pretty young when those were new, and they were pretty beat/swapped around when I was old enough to notice/know anything about them. I would have been 8 in September of 1970 for the launch of the Vega, I liked cars and had been building models for about two years at that point, but those would have had the "Premium Options" in the kits, but I do seem to remember the optional seat for the Sedan Delivery, I seem to recall a shelf in one for pizza's instead of a passenger seat. I just don't remember if it was home brewed or some refitter*/factory deal, again I was young, and I am lucky to remember my name now! Harry * Think of Hurst as a Refitter, and countless others like those that refit for the phone companies, etc.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby lleelduo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:27 pm

I was a junior in high school. I was in a Swing Choir when they came out. One of the girls in the group, her dad owned one of the Chevrolet dealerships in town. We sang at the new car showing that year at the dealership. I remember I sang a solo of Burt Bacharachs " This guys in love" over WOWO am radio, That was the big radio station at the time. Ah memories... but I still sing at church to this day. :D Just as a side note, I sang for Tricky Dick Nixon at a event at the Fort Wayne Indiana in 1972. what does that tell you about my age.
Larry Leitz

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Safari sport wagon
1969 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 convertiable
2016 Chevrolet Volt
2016 Chevrolet City Express
lleelduo

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Safari Wagon

Postby rpoz-29 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 am

You're correct, the panel express had low back seats. No rear seat, and the same size cover over the seat area that it had over the spare tire well. I sold one to a guy who used to fill the seat area storage compartment with ice and go fishing! I wish I had never sold it.
rpoz-29

Previous

Return to General Discussion