Anyone With A '75 - 81 Parts Car

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone With A '75 - 81 Parts Car

Postby starfire » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:26 pm

I'm looking for this piece. It doesn't even have to be the whole piece. Just a 6 inch section would be fine. I am willing to pay shipping on it. Please let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks,

Alan
Alan

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertible
1978 Oldsmobile Starfire Firenza

"Starfire, the Oldsmobile you didn't expect"
starfire

Re: Anyone With A '75 - 81 Parts Car

Postby OldsStarfire » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Alan - I have a good set of used ones if that is what you need.
OldsStarfire

1977 Oldsmobile Starfire SX

Postby starfire » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:02 pm

I am looking for a piece that I can use to try to see if I can get a company to repop them. Mine aren't too bad, but they are not great either. I'd love to be able to put some new ones on, but I don't want to have to sacrifice my current ones to do so (especially as it might be a pipe dream). I was thinking there should be someone out there with a parts car that has a torn up set of them.

It irritates me to look through the Camaro catalog from Classic Industries. You can practically build a new classic Camaro from the ground up with all the parts they have available. I can't believe all those parts in that catalog are high volume parts. It seems there should be companies out there that are willing to make parts for the H-body cars. At this point the demand for H-body parts would have to be enough to make it worthwhile if it is still worthwhile to make all those Camaro parts. :censored:
Alan

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertible

"Starfire, the Oldsmobile you didn't expect"
starfire

Postby 80 MONZTA » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I have what remains of mine, drivers side was rock hard and broke into several pieces. Passenger side has a split towards the rear, so it leaks anyway. Send me a PM and I'll mail you a section. I'm surprised not many other people are looking for these, all the other rubber is available except for this. I'd like to see Clyde's input about these first though.
LeRoy
1980 Monza, 305/Th350 removed for LS1/T-56 swap, can't wait to :burn: My Project
80 MONZTA

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:22 pm

I have been trying to find some suitable replacements, I found some similar ones but still looking for a good replacement.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Return to General Discussion