Hood release cable

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hood release cable

Postby cjbiagi » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:00 am

cable clip.jpg
I also can get the clip for under the dash. I also have replacement firewall grommets for the cable. Unfortunately I do not have any more cables either.[attach

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143060852411?s ... 1555.l2649
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby Vega2008 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:01 pm

I make custom made Hood Release cables for the Chevy Vega and Astre, not made from cheap plastic like the original GM cables. My cable housing is steel wound and rubber coated with an inner liner the cable slides through. The Hood Release side of the cable has a threaded steel end swaged onto the cable house that wont break off. The wire rope I use is stainless steel aircraft cable, as are the stainless steel ball ends. My cable housing bolts to your original Hood Release Handel. I charge 40.00 for each cable with 8.25 Priority Mail with tracking number and automatic Insurance up to $50.00 for the shipping. Lifetime warranty on every cable I make. I am a member of Vega Nation and have a for sale add there if you want to see any Pics of it. My Facebook name is Mike Steinert. I use PayPal for payment. Look me up on Vega Nation or Facebook, where I will be happy to discuss anything you want about this and include pictures.
Vega2008

Postby dindin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:23 am

Any way to order if not a facebooker?

Al
dindin

Postby Vega2008 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:37 am

When that Plastic NOS Vega hood release cable breaks on you...again...look me up on Vega Nation...Google it. I make Excellent Quality replacement hood release cables and premium parts. Stainless steel Wire rope and Stainless Steel Ball ends...A Real Rubber coated Steel wound cable housing that is swaged onto a threaded tube that Bolts onto your original hood release cable Handle.

I guarantee my hood release cables for the Life Of Your Car.

48.25 each, includes cable and USPS Priority shipping with automatic insurance up to 50.00 and a tracking number. 73 cables made to date as of 12/31/2019...no returns or complaints. As I said...guaranteed for LIFE.

Mike Steinert....find me on Vega Nation if you ever break that cheap cable and need an Awesome replacement cable.

(816) 520 0221 - Cell Number

MagnumSportster1@gmail.com - cell phone email
steinerts@mindspring.com - home computer email
Vega2008

Postby Vega2008 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:48 am

dindin wrote:Any way to order if not a facebooker?

Al

I sent you an email but if you didn't get it....(816) 520 0221 is my cell number.

Mike Steinert
Vega2008

Postby Vega2008 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:25 am

So when you guys get tire of breaking those OEM Cheap GM Plastic cables give me a shout. I make lifetime warranty Vega/Astre Hood release cables. They bolt on to your original Hood release handle and are routed to the latch exactly the same way a a stock GM cable is routed. I use aircraft grade Stainless Steel Wire Rope with aircraft grade Stainless Steel Ball ends, the cable housing is steel wound and rubber coated and has an inner liner the cable slides through. There is a threaded end Swagged on to the cable housing that uses two nuts and two washers to secure it to the OEM Hood release handle. (The handle area is where the OEM cables normally break where it clips on). My cable does not use the clip at the handle, mine bolt on securely to your original Hood Release Handle to give maximum leverage. I'm on Vega Nation as Mike Steinert the Custom Hood Release Cable is $40.00 and shipped using USPS Priority mail in the US currently cost for shipping is $9.25 - the total price for a lifetime Vega / Astre Hood release cable is 49.25 - Anything Ever goes wrong with it, just ship it back to me and I fix it and ship it back to you at no extra charge. I have made over 90 Custom Hood Release Cables for Vega owners in the US and Canada, and to date no issues or returns or calls about Any issues. These are not cheap cables, I make them with excellent parts and ensure you have a quality cable. I include instructions and my personal contact info with every cable I make. I special order the parts for these cables and make each one by hand, any questions feel free to call me during the day at 816 520 0221. Mike Steinert
Vega2008

Previous

Return to General Discussion