UP22 Fiberglass

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

UP22 Fiberglass

Postby Skeeterjoe20 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Has anyone else had a problem with this place ? I ordered a driver side fender for my monza over 2 months ago and every time I call they always tell me it hasn't shipped yet.
Skeeterjoe20

Re: UP22 Fiberglass

Postby dindin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:45 pm

I heard of one guy who placed an order for a Monza fender and 2 months later they had not shipped anything..JK

I Never heard anything about them but I would get a firm date from them or back out of the deal.

Al
dindin

Postby hammerdown7 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Where are they located? It's not a new name for our old friends Showcars, is it?

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:20 pm

UP22 is Unlimited Product in California, I have heard that Bingo Bob owns it but that seems unlikely, he can't afford his Canadian Disaster let alone one in Cali. and Florida (also rumoured around here) Bob has used Glassworx Showcars and Gods Country something or other (sorry just don't remember the whole name, but found out about it here, so a search may demystify that) But he may dream up another. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby rickhunter1max » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:17 am

I bought from them once it was just one lady sold me the hood and help me put in my car and like lonely as hell.
But did the transaction at the same time money hood no hood no money
rickhunter1max

1971 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby Vega2008 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:44 am

I ordered a Cowl induction Bolt on Hood for a Chevy Vega from this company UP22.com a few years back. It did take a while for to get it to me, but the quality of the Bolt on hood was very good, and I don't have any complaints about it. (Only the front hinge areas were for bolt on, the back area is still a pin on only, so no latch area to operate off the OEM latch mechanism). I haven't mounted hinges to the hood because I don't want to deal with Pins sticking through my hood in the back...so I modified my stock steel hood to use a bolt on Mach 1 hood scoop, so I can still open and close my stock hood without any hood pins sticking out, and allow my air cleaner to get fresh air from a working hood scoop. I may some day use the Cowl Induction hood, when I figure out how to use hidden hood pins (under the hood) with flush mount hood pin latches....but I'm in no rush for that.

But to answer the question at hand, I think the wait was worth it for the quality of the hood UP.22 made for me, I hope you have the same luck with the fenders you ordered from UP22.com

BTW-I also ordered both fiberglass front fenders for 71-73 Vega from "Showcars" in Canada...took almost 1.5 years to get them to send them out to me. And I got both my fenders sent in one box, with NO padding and damage to the left fender in shipping, it was cracked along the front of the fender...The fenders don't fit worth crap...so I hunted down some steel 1971-73 Vega fenders on eBay, and had them repaired for some rusted out spots from a local welder friend. I also got another box from them (Showcars) that didn't even belong to me...and I forwarded that part to a guy that had been waiting for about 2 years for his Dodge Charger fiberglass grill with flip front headlights...it was an actual "Dukes of Hazzard" car he had purchased and was restoring. Not trying to steer anyone clear of "Showcars"...but I won't order from there again....just a word to the wise about my experience in different Fiberglass parts.

Mike - Vega2008
Vega2008

Postby hammerdown7 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:37 am

Showcars is on this message board with a "do not do business with" warning. Many comments along the lines of yours Vega2008.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:38 am

Vega2008 wrote: Not trying to steer anyone clear of "Showcars"...but I won't order from there again....just a word to the wise about my experience in different Fiberglass parts.Mike - Vega2008
Don't be shy Mike! "Bingo Bob isn't to be trusted PERIOD! My experience was absolutely S :cuss: T! I believe I received my parts (Had to drive 4.5hrs. to pick them up!) because he had his bank accounts frozen by the RCMP (Fed's) as he now wanted cash instead of the transfer directly to his account as he had requested when I purchased them (this is just my opinion based on my dealings with him). Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cswrth1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:12 am

Unlimited Performance has a pretty bad reputation for not getting parts out in a timely manner and then having to do a lot of fit work if you ever do get them. Their molds are pretty much junk as they didn't make the mold right to start out and then used polyester resin that shrunk so no real chance of getting a part to fit. I bought a 74-77 Vega front valance from them back in 1999 and made the mistake of having it painted as well since I just assumed it would fit. It was complete junk and I still have it sitting in my shop as it would not even come close to fitting. They are located here in southern California, they were in either Corona or Ontario but I think I heard that they moved. Only order from them if you feel you have to.
Showcars and Bodyparts is up there in Eastern Canada. I ordered parts from them back in 1998 and waited forever for 2 of the 3 piece Vega front spoilers. Sometime in 99 he actually sent me some spoilers but they were a 1 piece and to this day I don't know what they were for but definitely not what I ordered. At the time I had about 35 Vegas and that is when I started up Vegamods and figured if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. I feel bad for all of the horror stories I have heard over the years from both of these to places. Luckily with all of the social media sites out there most people are informed and steer clear of Unlimited and Showcars but always sad to hear about anyone sending them any money.

Chris Wheaton
76 Cosworth Vega # 2301
75 Cosworth Vega # 1977
75 Cosworth Vega # 1165
76 Cosworth Vega # 2150
75 Cosworth Vega # 2069
77 Monza Mirage
75 Vega Notchback
76 Vega Wagon
cswrth1

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:36 pm

There is also these guys in Florida, I haven't heard anything about them. There H-Body catalogue isn't as big as the other two, but as of now I haven't heard any bashing so that may be a starting place. Harry http://www.usbodysource.com/
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Clinton@20 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:00 pm

Hello everybody. Same guy just a different account. Needless to say I finally got my fender but it was absolute junk and I had to go with my old metal fender lol
Clinton@20

Postby cswrth1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Every little while it seems that someone posts a question about buying from either Unlimited Products or Showcars and it is sad that I see people still getting burned. Who are the moderators of this board and why don't they pin a post about buying fiberglass parts. I feel bad every time someone calls me with their story of how they got junk parts that don't fit or they sent money in and never got their part. I am sorry that I don't have a webpage that people can find in their searches but it cost too much to maintain just selling Vega parts. If you want to see the parts that I have available, the photos are on an old message on here that you might be able to find in a search or at www.facebook.com/vegamods Just a reminder that Dave at Dave's Vega Village is also a trusted fiberglass parts maker but also does not have a website.

Good luck, Chris
76 Cosworth Vega # 2301
75 Cosworth Vega # 1977
75 Cosworth Vega # 1165
76 Cosworth Vega # 2150
75 Cosworth Vega # 2069
77 Monza Mirage
75 Vega Notchback
76 Vega Wagon
cswrth1

Return to General Discussion