Vega Fiberglass parts

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Vega Fiberglass parts

Postby 79440bird » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:24 am

BE VERY CAREFUL Making a part from your NOS urethane parts. Just be careful, if it's anything like the sunbird fillerpanel your NOS part will not be coming out of the mold in one piece. Maybe it will and maybe it won't. Just saying be careful with someone else's part. If I was borrowing a part from someone I would tell them this ahead of time. but look at the bright side at least you will have a fiberglass part that won't be all warped an brittle and if it cracks you can fix it. Try doing g that with that old urethane nothing sticks. I used home depot loctite 8X liquid nail stuff on that rear filler panel an it still didn't bit in to that urethane part that great. O what fun memories lol sunbird end cap spoiler mold had to be a two piece to get the part out. Monza center section in the future
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
79 sunbird 440 chrysler motor indy cyl heads12bolt leaf springs 80 sunbird 3800supercharged everything from a 99 bonneville 75 cosworth 350 dual quads 84 efi vette intake mod for carbs 78 Buick skyhawk 350 buick motor A/C &TA performance intake
79440bird

1980 Pontiac Sunbird

Postby waybad » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:30 am

interesting :th: :th: :th:
Tinker
waybad

Postby 1100kaw2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:40 am

Soooo. Hemihenry????
Darrell

72 LS-5spd.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33788
1100kaw2

Postby 79440bird » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Be careful with your NOS parts guys. These parts I believe are urathane and sorta hard to get. So even though they are NOS, they will need to be mounted on a car to make a mold. Otherwise if that part has any type of twist in it or small wave or warp, the mold will have it. So basically I'm saying dont send your urathane part to someone too have a mold made if they don't have a car to fit it on and give you some type of security on your parts. Chris Wheaton has a vega I believe /I'm sure this is why he has good reviews about his vega spoilers an valances. I just would Hate to hear about someone losing a NOS part do to this. My phone number is not hard to find as I have posted it before or go to my profile, and I answer any text messages about h body parts I'm working on. I currently don't have time to make all the stuff that is needed for the H-body crave we have. I do hope other people can help out too.
79 sunbird 440 chrysler motor indy cyl heads12bolt leaf springs 80 sunbird 3800supercharged everything from a 99 bonneville 75 cosworth 350 dual quads 84 efi vette intake mod for carbs 78 Buick skyhawk 350 buick motor A/C &TA performance intake
79440bird

1980 Pontiac Sunbird

Previous

Return to General Discussion