77 Vega Pro Street

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

77 Vega Pro Street

Postby Wally » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:20 am

I have been looking at a 77 Vega Pro street car for sale. It has no engine but does have a T400 trans, Dana rear, MSD (probably a bit dated). Its an older build but the quality is there. Aluminum floor, full gage package too. It is set up for an SBC. Im thinking a 383 with a 100 shot ought to scare me plenty good enough. Im getting ready to retire and I need a project. The car comes with an extra set of rims and big tire slicks besides. Body work is good but not Wow. Straight car though. Im looking for a street car/car show/cruise nights/street hustler with good manners.
What say ye on the ball park value?
Wally

Re: 77 Vega Pro Street

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Welcome aboard Wally! :D Value can be hard to gauge. It really becomes a personal thing really fast, Race cars are usually lower than originals, customs usually fall in between and then it becomes how close it is to what You want! Is it the body style you like/want [notch, hatch, early or late styling] what is the quality of work that is there and will any or all need to be re-done to your liking? Maybe it is "close enough" for now and something you look forward to "tinkering with" as time goes by? I suggest going to our eBay & Craigslist section at the bottom and peruse the C/L & eBay finds that a few put up for our amusement and information. And location does affect value a little as well, you know "supply and demand". Many of these are obsolete now but many still active to give you a yard stick to go by. Start on page three for the most recent: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=44209 Don't forget to search the other "Usual Suspects" Yellow Bullet, Racing Junk, and the rest! Sorry I didn't help much, but this is asked all the time, and there is usually some disagreement on value, as we all have a different desire, and financial level as well as we are worldwide, so a conscious wouldn't be likely either. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: 77 Vega Pro Street

Postby Wally » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome and friendly advice.
Wally

Return to General Discussion