Fiberglass spoiler

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Fiberglass spoiler

Postby 75Monzta » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:00 am

I am looking for a fiberglass spoiler for my '77 Spyder. This urethane one is warping more and more. Tried looking with Unlimited Products and can't find one. Found one on eBay but I think it is from that guy who was taking people's money and sometimes delivering bad quality parts.
Eric Ruybalid
SR Performance
75Monzta

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: Fiberglass spoiler

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:10 am

Best of luck trying to find one. I was lucky (well sort of) to find a fiberglass one a couple years ago made by A&A fiberglass. I say sort of lucky because while it was fiberglass it took me about 50 hours of work to get it to fit properly. However, now that it is done and installed I am very happy with it. Seems the quality control on these things really suck. DOBI also used to sell these in fiberglass but they have long been out of business, at least for H body parts. You may be stuck trying to modify the urethane one to get it to lay flat and stay that way. That guy up in Canada, show car Rob or whatever he calls himself today has a very bad reputation in terms of quality, delivery and overall customer service.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby 75Monzta » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:19 am

That's theguy, ShowcarRob. I couldn't remember his name. Also saw he had a few comments about fiberglass needing more than 20 hours to make right. This one was flat when we built the car for my nephew and he let it sit for two years out in direct sun and it is warped pretty bad. I want to go fiberglass and mold it into the hatch permanently.
Eric Ruybalid
SR Performance
75Monzta

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Monzta Here is a link to his eBay page: http://www.ebay.com/usr/showcarsrob?_tr ... 7675.l2559 presently no spoiler listed in his "eBay Store". Now in general I think doing business with Rob is a less than stellar plan, but if you decide you have to I would do it through eBay and PayPal for twice the protection! Just a little bit of protection money wise but you still could lose a lot of time with him. I have his rear spoiler and it is certainly NOT bolt on, it is 1/2" shorter than the deck lid [hatch] but in his defence I have a stock one the same length, I seen his inventory years ago and it was very evident that he used cars as his template for his moulds, [doors with moulded in rust blisters tape marks where he blended joints in, etc. So some defects are inevitable this way as these weren't "High Bench Marks of Quality" to start with! PM me your number and I will call you to discuss some of my inventory that includes the centre section of one of "Rob's Masterpieces" [a spare to me and not currently in my other "For Sale' Thread] and an spare OEM end [That is in the thread]. Harry viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44700 1 Medium to good 1 fair[ish] and one beater quality in there.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:01 pm

The A&A one I got was also too short for my liking and I ended up extending it. Not sure why they are all short. I also had to mold the entire perimeter so it sat properly on the hatch. After all of that I had to remold the end pieces to now properly fit the center piece after all my work on that. I literally had over 50 hours on it....but it does look nice now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Which Clyde now brings up the whole "Avatar Issue" as there isn't a spoiler on it in your avatar! It turned out to nice to be missing in that shot Clyde. WE NEED Updates! :lol: Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Ha, yes I am rather slow to update things.....good eye though Harry.
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby 75Monzta » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. I sort of remember a while back that someone on here was going to produce them and had some pictures of the wooden moulds used and for the life of me, I can't remember who it was or if they gave up. I am really wanting a fiberglass one but will keep an eye out for a good used one. The last one I bought, many years ago, went to my brother in law and he put it on his 76 Monza.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric Ruybalid
SR Performance
75Monzta

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby 79440bird » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:37 am

I will be in the garage this winter working g on the monza center piece mold. I have a nice original to copy. I'm on facebook in the H-body club. Just type search fiberglass or sunbird fillerpanel to find me on this site. In my advitar you can find my contact phone number or email. I'm not a hard guy to get a hold of.
79 sunbird 440 chrysler motor indy cyl heads12bolt leaf springs 80 sunbird 3800supercharged everything from a 99 bonneville 75 cosworth 350 dual quads 84 efi vette intake mod for carbs 78 Buick skyhawk 350 buick motor A/C &TA performance intake
79440bird

1980 Pontiac Sunbird

Return to General Discussion