DeKon Monza 4 lug?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DeKon Monza 4 lug?

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:40 pm

bbcowboy wrote:Art,
I have been picked on about my front end looking like Jay Leno...ha ha....as for function as for mine it was designed for air flow into the radiator, brakes and suppose to help with down force on the front fenders...
I understand your feeling about the big front air dams...my first Vega had a chin spoiler so it was different...

That is definitely "Function over Form" I a sure that it will grow on you just like Jay's chin did on him! If putting up with that front is the price to pay for the rear spoiler section then it is still a "WIN" as the rear package is really sharp IMO! And the front isn't all that bad, I have driven worse by far! Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby bbcowboy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:24 am

Hey Harry....i have a feeling that you are not much of a fan of the trans am/imsa era....which is fine...
Byron

Cosworth Vega #0756 (IMSA inspired CV)
Cosworth Vega #1044
bbcowboy

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Byron I am actually! I just found the front of the "Hooker IMSA" for Vega front just wasn't as great as the job they did on the rear for the Vega. Now Monza on the other hand there just isn't a bad angle, IMSA, Mirage or 2+2! (That will get a few a Postin') Ok even the Spyder :rolleyes: ! [I loved the Spyder until a bad TV commercial that GM launched was just so bad that it turned me against the graphics, not enough to stop me from buying one though! :lol: ] It is unfortunate that the front that is best for "Aero" isn't as nice as the lesser "Aero" front for my "dime" If I win the "Lotto" I will have a real nice Mirage Post haste! And an IMSA weapon of some sort to have the complete Monza Garage! :D Harry The Delusional Dreamer $$$$$$$$
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby bbcowboy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:37 am

Harry
I know what you mean...I had gone thru 3 designs of the front end of my car and I had another design in the back of my mind...
Byron

Cosworth Vega #0756 (IMSA inspired CV)
Cosworth Vega #1044
bbcowboy

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Previous

Return to General Discussion