Anyone have an older small block sitting around?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone have an older small block sitting around?

Postby 76wagon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:19 pm

I'm looking for the size of the centre hole on a flywheel for a small block with a 2 pc rear main seal.

Better yet I'd like an accurate measurement of the diameter on the crank where it fits. Doing some machine work and don't have anything to measure from.

I'm trying something out, check 'LT1 flywheel....' on the transmission and driveline forum if you're interested

Thanks in advance for any help
Phill
76wagon

Re: Anyone have an older small block sitting around?

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Phill I have a couple of flexplates in the garage right now I may be able to check these Friday night Saturday morning for you. Caliper close enough or do I need me to bring home my inside mike's? P.M. me your Cell# and I can text it to you so you have immediate access Sat. morning. That flywheel shouldn't need a dynamic balance [mentioned in the trans. forum] if you mill/lathe the added lump off cleanly [the purposefully added imbalance], [use the rotary table on the mill for your best chance at keeping the front and the rear face parallel] static balance should be fine. it would only matter if you suspect a differential density issue, like tires that are "laid up" by hand [in the old days anyway] Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to General Discussion