Charlotte Auto Fair.

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Charlotte Auto Fair.

Postby rpoz-29 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Despite the obvious issues, myself and a couple of friends attended the Fall Auto Fair at Lowes Motor Speedway. I actually saw 3 Vega's for sale. Two were drag racers, and I didn't ask the price. The other was a pretty rough, (and I'm being kind!), '74-'75 with an asking price of $5200.00! At least they're starting to show up at some of these events, but asking $5200.00 for that car was beyond optimistic. I didn't take anything to sell, and didn't really buy anything. As for the rioting, we cancelled out reservations at a motel in Charlotte and camped at the track. We had friends who stayed at the hotels without any issues at all, but we had no idea what was going on, so we cancelled. I spoke with an AACA official who lived nearby, who told me that none of the rioters that had been arrested, (at that time at least), were from North Carolina, let alone Charlotte. I'm looking forward to the Spring show already.
rpoz-29

Re: Charlotte Auto Fair.

Postby johnk » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:58 pm

I go every 6 months to shop and show my 98 Grand Prix Official Replica Pace Car enjoyed this time. The weather was great the last two were rained out you never know what it will do until you get there :lol: I was worried but my friends that live there said there were no problems if you did not go downtown, so I packed up and had a great time and look forward to when I can show the Mirage at the Autofair's. Its a great show and big swap meet but I have never found much for the Mirage or my 1961 Dodge :cry:
John K
johnk

Return to General Discussion