Vega door sill plates

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Vega door sill plates

Postby 201 72 vega gt » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:02 pm

I can't seem to find a pair worth a sh==t, anyone have a source for them?
201 72 vega gt

Re: Vega door sill plates

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:07 am

Almost impossible to find decent ones. I have restored a number of sets in the past but they are very time consuming to get them to the level I am happy at. Haven't done any in awhile since I have been pretty busy dealing with some other issues. I may get back into during the winter but they take so long to do it wasn't really worth all the time I invested. I did two styles depending upon the condition of the grooved areas, some I polished and others I painted the grooved area a nice satin or gloss black (could be painted any color). Here's a couple pics. I am sure some members here have purchased some sets from me, they can attest to their quality. I would work out the dents and imperfections and then polish them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Clyde the more I look at that last set, the more I like the "Black-Out" treatment. I feel the contrast is an excellent touch. I just found mine, and the passenger side is pretty near ready to polish [and highlight the accent area's] but the drivers side must have sat on some steel as it now has a corroded area, that area is going to cost a fortune in beer for the laser welding it is going to take to repair, it also took a hit right in that ribbed area with a hole in it now, :x I'll have to see what you have in stock when I decide to do that area of the car. Do you have a phone yet Clyde? Let me know please. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby b_pappy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Those are beautiful, part of the fun of owning an H body. I kind of like the painted inserts also. If necessary, the Fisher tags are reproduced, I think these are the correct size:
https://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=577
Bruce
b_pappy

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:50 pm

I also install new Fisher tags as part of the refurbish. The painted inserts do look great, as long as you are not doing a 100 point resto they are a nice alternative. I suppose you could paint them to match your interior color but since I never know who will buy them I play it safe with black.
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby 201 72 vega gt » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks for the response, how much are you selling them for? I could send you my best pair to be reconditioned.
201 72 vega gt

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:22 am

They are $225 + shipping but at this point I do not have a set finished. For the amount of hours I spend doing these that is less than minimum wage. I have been very busy so I haven't done much with the set I have, however with winter months approaching I am sure I will get back to them. Do you like the ones with the painted inserts? I will probably have to do the set I have that way. It would be awhile before they are ready....
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby 201 72 vega gt » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:17 pm

I do like the black out look,makes sense to do it that way also. I am not carpeting till next spring so I'm in no hurry,give a shout when you get around to getting some done. I think I'll mess around with mine if I get some time.
201 72 vega gt

Return to General Discussion