powerbyace lsx parts

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

powerbyace lsx parts

Postby monzaaddict » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:48 pm

I just wanted to post my experience with powerbyace.com. As you may know there is no phone number on the site that you can call. Your only options to contact them as stated on their site is email or postal mail. I chose email and within a few days received a reply. After a few more emails to him I was given a number to call and had a fairly long conversation with the owner. Also, the only method of payment is postal or other money order as well as check.
I know some are wondering whether the company is legit. It is! I am going to paraphrase the conversation I had with the owner. He is retired from the automotive industry where he has been engineering/designing parts for his entire lifetime. He is financially secure, retired and operates his business to keep himself occupied. He moved to a low cost area of the country. He owns the property, the building, machinery, etc. outright so he has little overhead. He is able to do something he likes and make some extra money.
I decided to buy the lsx vega/monza parts he offers because I feel that it is far cheaper to buy them now rather than in the future potentially have to pay someone to fabricate the parts if they are no longer available, although he assures me he is not going anywhere.
The parts I received are in my opinion equal to or better than parts I have seen from other companies. They could just as easily have been from moroso, hooker, etc. I cannot review fitment as my car is in another state and will not have it at my house until next summer the earliest but I have spoken to people who used his sbc vega/monza swap parts and they were happy with fitment. I believe 9secondvega on this site used his lsx headers but not the mounts. pan kit, etc. I also found positive reviews on other sites for his chevy luv swap mounts and headers.
I bought the lsx to 4cyl adapter mounts. If installing these on a v6 v8 car then there is an additional kit needed that mimics the plates that are welded to the stock unibody that would have originally accepted the factory 4cyl mounts. I also bought a set of adapters that allow an ls engine to be used with the stock v8 mounts. I bought both because I am going to use exhaust manifolds (hooker, cpp, ctsv, or 98 fbody) and I may need the additional clearance that the factory v8 monza mounts afford as they sit further forward on the engine. I am pretty sure his lsx to 4cyl mounts will afford the clearance I need but bought both just in case. I bought 2 of the oil pan modification kits and pickups (at some point I may build a second car). He offers transmission and engine mount shims which can be used to fine tune driveline angles or clearance - they were cheap and not readily available. Everything came with detailed installation instructions. He also refunded a shipping overcharge.
At present the only transmission cross member he offers is for the 71-74 vega. He does not have a working design that takes into account the changes that took place to the floor pan in 75 for the catalytic converter or the changes that occurred on the 76-80 cars. He has shown an interest in working with me to develop a transmission cross member for my 75 monza (The floor pan is unique in relation to earlier or later cars) that will allow t56, 4l60e and other transmissions to be installed. If the transmission cross member ends up panning out I have some other ideas I am considering discussing with him (hydraulic clutch conversion, rearend brackets with additional material on the upper brackets that can be used to raise the upper control arm mounting points, traction bars, adjustable front control arms, 76-80 transmission cross member, 8" dual diaphragm brake booster to firewall bracket, etc.).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by monzaaddict on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monzaaddict

Re: powerbyace lsx parts

Postby johnk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks for the info :th:
John K
johnk

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:49 pm

Monzaaddict just as an FYI add on "Postal Money Orders" are usually the safest means of dealing with people you don't know, ~a million years ago [OK slight exaggeration] before the postal system was an accepted entity, the government [both north and south of the 49th parallel (Canada and US)] decided to make mail fraud a federal crime/felony regardless of dollar value, this was done to instill confidence in the then fledgling entity of the government, I believe all of those teeth are still left on the rule books today! This gives you the most legal options according to many, so this is still my preferred method of financial transaction. If anybody has updated/confirmed info please share. Harry P.S. Thanx for sharing a positive experience involving an H-Body specific purchase, a pretty rare occurrence by some accounts. :th:
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby RedFiveKBS » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Sweet! I was also planning to buy some of his stuff. Good to hear a good review.
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby gotmud7 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:33 pm

I bought a transmission crossmember to work with my 72 Vega, V8 and 200R4 transmission. No problems with it
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby monzaaddict » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:53 am

If anyone is interested, the fbody oil pan that needs to be modified is available through gm, dorman and spectra premium. Here is the cheapest I can find. $143 after 20% off and an additional $10 gift card with free shipping.
http://www.autozone.com/external-engine ... 44433_0_0/
monzaaddict

Postby monzaaddict » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:07 pm

I received the pan today and the spectra premium pan includes the gasket, bolts and oil level sensor. It is identical to the gm pan including casting # so I am going to say spectra premium is the oem manufacturer.
monzaaddict

Postby mahoy78spyder » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks David, through years of back and forth with you on this site and others, I trust your review and will definitely look him up if/when I do an LS conversion. Would love to see pics of the oil pan & parts as well when you have time. I've always been curious about this particular conversion.
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby monzaaddict » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:38 am

here is 9secondcosworth's car with powerbyace headers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX2FBjpgbi8
monzaaddict

Postby monzaaddict » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:54 am

powerbyace has added some new parts. Stepped ls header, direct fit mounts for an ls using stock v8 perches, sbc headers. click on catalog

http://www.powerbyace.com/
monzaaddict

Postby 6D9 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Thanks for the update! I had emailed him about pics and prices on the sbc headers. Nice to see a few good options. Im leaning torwards the LS swap at this time tho.
72 Vega GT...406 sbc..TH700R4...3.42 gear...235/60/15 MT DR's....11.54 at 118.6..Dad's car
72 Vega GT...4cyl..4 speed..all stock
6D9

Postby monzaaddict » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:10 am

powerbyace now has welded ls oil pans ( I can't get the pictures to load)

see page 36 below
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions- ... ns-36.html
monzaaddict

Postby monzaaddict » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:49 pm

powerbyace headers have the one tube that goes through the fender into wheelwell which may limit tire size. Bill lockhart says that sanderson ls s10 swap headers fit a monza so that is another option.

click on the comments section for more pictures (and comments).
https://www.facebook.com/search/str/Bil ... NzBkIn0%3D

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/bil ... Yjc3In0%3D
monzaaddict

Return to General Discussion