Hatchback Carpet -73 Vega

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Hatchback Carpet -73 Vega

Postby ol55 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:22 pm

Putting non-stock matting down in the hatch area and wondering what to do about the metal section between the back area and the seat. Cut it as 1 piece with the back? A separate piece? Just paint? Ideas? I do keep the seat down but like to be able to have it up.

Thanks,
Larry
'73 Vega GT Hatchback hot rod.
'76 Cosworth
ol55

Re: Hatchback Carpet -73 Vega

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:00 am

Larry That little metal flap gets a small carpet insert attached to it, with contact cement I surmise.
Rear Seat Flap.jpg
[That piece is for sale too if you want it] Harry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby ol55 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks Harry. Were the early cars the same way?
Related: I plan on screwing the carpet on to the the back of the space under the cover. Any reason not to?

Larry
'73 Vega GT Hatchback hot rod.
'76 Cosworth
ol55

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Sorry Larry I just don't remember the early Vega arrangement. I assumed that they were the same but I don't know for sure, as for the area under that flap your rear seat lowers are down there and carpeting the floor between the lowers and the hatch may cause issues with the upper rear seat from going up into passenger position but may not you will have to check. Just put the back rest in position and look over from the front of the rear seat and see if there is room, you will likely have to remove that metal flap though to see. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to General Discussion