Thinking About New Project ...

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Thinking About New Project ...

Postby bugdewde » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:58 am

beakerztoyz wrote:damn..... I used to have a 2nd gen Firebird and a close friend had a 2nd gen Camaro..... I often think of how much fun it would be to build another one especially now that all the unfindeable parts for them when I was young can be ordered from somewhere. But alas it seems not to be, everyone in my area seems to want a small fortune for cars that need total rebuilds and I just can't bring myself to justify it.

Yep.... crazy expensive today.
Sadly, I'm addicted to them as much as Vegas... and VWs.
Being my first car for 9 years, I'm used to the long front end, short trunk, the front end flop, the less than stellar cooling, the heavy doors, choked down emissioned V8s, and poor fuel economy.
I experienced a lot of firsts in this car .... freedoms, girls, concerts, tickets, burnouts (ok neutral drops), crashes, maintenance, ..... literally, shaped and molded me into the person I am today. Yes, I have a love affair with them.

Just like you, a high school buddy had a '69 Camaro (straight six and powerglide). We really enjoyed running these pathetic powered "sports cars" up and down the hills around here. Lots of fine memories..........

I've owned several though out the years.
My first car, a white '79 with a 301 V8 and auto.... best car I ever owned. Unbelievably reliable with over 200k miles and 9 years of adolescent abuse.

Many years later, I got a T-top, 4-speed T/A... my dream car... kinda rough but had all the right stuff.

Then another 4-speed, T-top car....

Now, an '81 Turbo car

Three of the pics were taken in my parent's driveway over the course of about 25 years.

4 Birds - small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dwight

'72 Vega GT Kammback, 215 V8
'73 Vega Wagon - Currently in Limbo....
My rides: http://www.cardomain.com/id/bugdewde
bugdewde

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Previous

Return to General Discussion