Rocker trim Question Monza/Sunbird

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Rocker trim Question Monza/Sunbird

Postby 71GTKammback » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Does anyone know the correct clips that hold the lower rocker trim on a Monza/Sunbird. There are screws at either end. This trim most likely came off and Sunbird. Fits perfectly on my Monza Towne Coupe. The picture shows the back side of the trim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
71GTKammback

Re: Rocker trim Question Monza/Sunbird

Postby classic_cruiser » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:20 pm

I have these on my 1980 sunbird sport. There are 4 round clips, a little larger than a quarter, that attach to the rocker panel for each trim piece. They look to be punched sheet metal, and have a small slot with a clip in the center, that attaches to a small rivet-like stud mounted on the rocker panel. The ends of the molding are held in with the two little Phillips screws. There are also 4 hex head sheet metal screws used on the flat portion of the trim at the very bottom.

I don't have a part number, I did a quick look and couldn't find it. I have a picture somewhere that I can post, I'll see if I can find it tonight.

Terry
1980 Pontiac Sunbird, 2.5L Notchback Coupe
1979 Pontiac Sunbird with transplanted Monza 305, notchback coupe
classic_cruiser

Re: Rocker trim Question Monza/Sunbird

Postby classic_cruiser » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Here is the photo I have of one:
image.jpeg

This one has a Phillips screw in the center because I broke the stud on the rocker panel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1980 Pontiac Sunbird, 2.5L Notchback Coupe
1979 Pontiac Sunbird with transplanted Monza 305, notchback coupe
classic_cruiser

Return to General Discussion