Getting tired of Ebay!!

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Getting tired of Ebay!!

Postby nutt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:08 am

Well, I've tried to liquidate all my loose parts leftover from my '72 build, mostly on ebay. I recently sold a front valance from a '73 and shipped it to Hawaii. That shipping cost me $20 over what I quoted, my fault. The valance was split in half and lower holes were drilled to mount a chin spoiler. I described all the trauma very well.
So, today I get a return request. Reason....the valance is obviously a repro and not original to a '73 vega. It is fiberglass and not metal like oem. The valance was cracked in half and has obvious damage not described in the ad.
Well, knowing ebay, I'll probably get stuck in the ARS with this thing because the buyer was misinformed or whatever.
If that's the outcome, I'm done. The stuff doesn't sell on CL and ebay is just too much hassle. These parts will most likely find the dumpster!! Screw it.
nutt

Re: Getting tired of Ebay!!

Postby OldsStarfire » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:14 pm

When ebay starting charging 10% plus - I stopped selling. It's all skewed toward the buyer - buy more buy more !
OldsStarfire

1977 Oldsmobile Starfire SX

Postby rpoz-29 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Contact "Conflict Resolution" on ebay. They will have every communication between you and the buyer. It got my money back on a set of Camaro SS wheels a few years ago, (bent all to hell, but I was assured they were perfect!). It is worth the time to do it. Also remind him the OEM valance panels were ABS plastic, not metal.
rpoz-29

Postby nutt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:42 pm

I just sent him a message describing the original plastic composition and assuring him it was indeed a gm product. Not sure what else to do but wait.
nutt

Postby rpoz-29 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:42 am

Let him make the first move. If he does, contact conflict resolution. Once ebay sees that you accurately described the part, you'll be off the hook. I had never heard of conflict resolution until I was having the issue with those wheels. A friend told me about it and, once contacted, ebay handled it asap. In my case I told the seller time after time I wasn't concerned about the cosmetics of the wheels, but since they were going to be used for autocross and track days, they HAD to be straight. He told me that he had personally seen them spun and were perfect. Once received, they wouldn't even roll across shop floor without going in a circle, and had a ton of lousy welds on them. He wouldn't do anything until cr was contacted.
rpoz-29

Postby nutt » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 am

Update...the buyer claims she knows this is a reproduction piece because it doesn't have a gm sticker and the fact it isn't metal. She failed to take pictures of the piece before she sent it to one of her employees to repair. She claims it has been fully repaired and is ready for paint. She is still pushing for a refund but ebay hasn't submitted their opinion yet.

Well, this is a new one on me.

As an example....
I recently purchased a Nailhead dual quad setup that was packaged very poorly and suffered damage to the carbs. I noticed the box had suffered trauma and took pictures before I opened the package and also the damage itself once opened. Ebay asked me to help the seller in his claim with UPS for compensation. Honestly, I felt the seller was responsible for the damage due to lousy packaging with virtualy no padding. I did personally repackage the item and hand delivered it to UPS for their examination. The seller was fully compensated AND received the dual quad in return. Not really fair to UPS, I felt, but it wasn't my gig.
That's how to file a claim though, unlike this gal.
nutt

Postby rpoz-29 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 am

I would assume she's SOL. I hope so anyway. Does she really think these parts were made of metal?
rpoz-29

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:21 am

There is also probably either the GM part number or casting number embossed in the part, I assume she failed to mention that?
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby dindin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:57 pm

So she took the part out of the box and repaired it, and now she wants a refund?? Will she send you the part back??

Al
dindin

Postby Brad C » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Remember this: EVERYTHING in this era of GM has a: A) Date code on it and B) a part number stamped one the part.

I have never seen an exception to this.
Brad C. 75 Skyhawk, 70 Buick GSX, 71 Buick GSX, 87 Buick GNX, 2 86 Buick Grand Nationals and a host of other Buicks.
Brad C

1975 Buick Skyhawk

Return to General Discussion