oil pan

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

oil pan

Postby avewhtboy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:25 pm

avewhtboy

Re: oil pan

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:19 pm

I doubt it, the front of the pan needs to be flat, not tapered like this one is. That is for centerlink clearance. There also needs to be a dimple on the side for tie rod clearance. Generally speaking you need a specific H body pan, factory V8 Monza or aftermarket, to fit. Otherwise you will have to modify one to fit by cutting and welding or dimpling yourself.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby avewhtboy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:03 pm

cjbiagi wrote:I doubt it, the front of the pan needs to be flat, not tapered like this one is. That is for centerlink clearance. There also needs to be a dimple on the side for tie rod clearance. Generally speaking you need a specific H body pan, factory V8 Monza or aftermarket, to fit. Otherwise you will have to modify one to fit by cutting and welding or dimpling yourself.

Thanks for the reply thats what I figured would be a problem. For the price I may get it and cut it to fit.
avewhtboy

Postby blackz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:30 am

I actually tried one like that, it won't fit and the sides of the sump will interfere with headman headers so I don't think it's even worth trying to modify.
blackz

Return to General Discussion