Cosworth Fuel sending unit

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Cosworth Fuel sending unit

Postby kgroombr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:52 pm

I recently acquired a Cosworth Vega. It has been sitting a long time, so I start by dropping the tank and found that it has a regular Vega tank, which I read in the forums is OK for normal use, but it also has the standard Vega fuel sending unit and I read that the Cosworth unit has a return line. I am thinking that finding one would be tough for a good price, but if somebody has one, please shoot me some pictures as I am thinking it may be easier to modify a stock Vega unit instead of finding the correct replacement.

Thanks,
Ken
kgroombr

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Re: Cosworth Fuel sending unit

Postby ol55 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:41 am

Do you still need the picture? I may have one but will have to dig it out.

Larry
'73 Vega GT Hatchback hot rod.
'76 Cosworth
ol55

Re: Cosworth Fuel sending unit

Postby buddyleejjc2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:16 am

type into your search engine "Cosworth Vega Sending Unit" there are a few images that will pop up. Finding one will be pretty much impossible, if you can fab it up yourself, that would be the best bet. Even buying rusty ones that don't work cost a bit of cash. Getting the sending units refurbished is easy. go to www.tristarrradiator.com , They have done 4 sending units for me over the last few years.
Good Luck,
John J. Cowall
buddyleejjc2

Return to General Discussion