Anyone have a picture of the top liner, front seat belt area

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone have a picture of the top liner, front seat belt area

Postby Boostedvega » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 am

As the title states looking for a picture of where the front seat belt mount goes(on the top liner area)

I basically have some random area around there where its missing some pieces and would like to see what use to go there. Also would be interested in where the stock seat belt used to mount up top (previous owner mounted it on the cage)

its a 71 vega hatch.

Been looking all over google image and cant seem to find a singler liner /top pic
Boostedvega

Re: Anyone have a picture of the top liner, front seat belt

Postby cosvega76 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 am

Here are photos of the harness mount from my '73:
Harness mount RH.jpg

Harness mount LH 1.jpg

Harness mount detail.jpg

I have a set of shoulder harnesses from another '73, but you'd need the seat belts with the slot to hook the harness into to use them:
Shoulder harnesses.jpg

Chuck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby Boostedvega » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 am

Awesome Thank you for taking the time to take those pictures.

One more question. What is the purpose of this thing.(circle it in the attached pic)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boostedvega

Postby cammerjeff » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 am

That is where the shoulder harness snaps into the storage bracket when not in use.

Most cars of the era with the separate shoulder harness, the harnesses were never used, no inertial real made using and adjusting the shoulder harness a PITA. And they were seldome if ever used. But the same could be said of seatbelts before they passed usage laws in most States.
Jeff R

1971 Catalina Freeway Enforcer
77 Astre Formula, some day soon powered by a 215 Buick V-8
1973 4-speed Lemans Safari STOCK!!!!! 1978 Catalina Safari
2006 Mallet Solstice, 6.0 LS2, 6-speed manual
2009 Solstice Coupe, 2.4, 5-speed Manual
cammerjeff

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Safari Wagon

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 pm

cammerjeff wrote:That is where the shoulder harness snaps into the storage bracket when not in use.

Most cars of the era with the separate shoulder harness, the harnesses were never used, no inertial real made using and adjusting the shoulder harness a PITA. And they were seldome if ever used. But the same could be said of seatbelts before they passed usage laws in most States.

In Ontario [Canada] the law was that we were supposed to wear that shoulder strap, but as a 16>19 year old driving they seemed pretty happy if we wore any of it, so I don't know of anyone getting a ticket for not wearing the shoulder harness just tickets for the lower. As Jeff points out they were a mess to deal with and were always in the wrong spot. PITA is a mild explanation (family friendly version :lol: )! Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cosvega76 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:51 am

I had trouble with mine of the shoulder strap unhooking itself while I was buckling the lap belt, so I rigged up a series of tie wraps in the buckle to keep that from happening.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to General Discussion