Sill Plates

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Sill Plates

Postby cjbiagi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Well it's been quite awhile since I refinished any sill plates and since there has been some discussion (especially on Facebook) about them I have decided to tackle another set that I have had in storage. I just started working on them and it will be awhile before they are done but just wanted to give a heads up that another set will becoming available. I have not decided what style I am going to do with these, all polished or black insets but the condition of the grooved areas will ultimately determine what I do. Hopefully all polished as that is less time consuming but we'll see. Here's a sample of both to refresh your memory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Re: Sill Plates

Postby Monza Harry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:35 am

I have to tell Clyde both turn out XLNT, but those black inserted ones are REALLY growing on me! :th: Harry :D
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 am

The black inserts do look sharp, only reason I hesitated doing those is because I thought many "stock" guys would not care for the modification. But having some sills that were just beyond making look great in those grooved areas I gave it a try. Looks like it was a success.
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby lvd2340 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:30 pm

Do you have any of refurbished ones available?
1977 Vega GT - all original 33k miles
1978 Sunbird Wagon - street/strip LS turbo swap
lvd2340

1977 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 pm

No, at this point I do not have any available. If you have a decent set that needs refinishing we could discuss it, however I would need to see pics before I would consider doing them because if I can't make them come out near perfect I don't want to do them. If there are pieces missing or they have a lot of corrosion tha's what makes them really difficult to come out looking great. cjbiagi@yahoo.com
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Return to General Discussion