AACA Hershey Fall Meet

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

AACA Hershey Fall Meet

Postby classic_cruiser » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Hoping to see some h-body representation at the AACA Hershey Fall Meet next week... only one time I ever saw a complete Monza there, which is surprising given how large the show is!

Anyone going to the show? I'm going to the swap meet Thursday and the car show Saturday morning.
1980 Pontiac Sunbird, 2.5L Notchback Coupe
1979 Pontiac Sunbird with transplanted Monza 305, notchback coupe
classic_cruiser

Re: AACA Hershey Fall Meet

Postby Biscayne John » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:38 am

There was a 75 Cosworth on the showfield on Saturday and I had mine in the Red Field North. I was hoping to sell it, my arthritis is making very un user friendly to get in and out of....
John Mahoney
Long Island NY/Ocala FL
AACA
VCCA
CVOA
BCA
The Fleet
1954 Chevrolet BelAir sPort Coupe
1960 Chevrolet Impala 2 door Sport Coupe 348/340HP (AACA Grand National Winner)
1962 Chevrolet Impala 2 door Sport Coupe 409/409HP(the last one to do)
1962 Chevrolet Biscayne 2 door Sedan 327 Auto (AACA Grand National Winner)
1977 Monza Mirage 4 speed
1988 Celebrity Wagon (was my mother in laws since new 42K miles)
2011 28' Bendron Titan Enclosed Trailer; what they travel in when we go
2018 GMC 2500 Sierra Diesel Crew Cab; how we get them there without sweating
2015 Cadillac CTS
Biscayne John

Postby classic_cruiser » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:43 pm

As my luck usually turns out this way...I missed the whole entire thing. Tuesday I found out I had to go into work, spent 14 hours there Thursday and more on Saturday. This is the first time since 2003 I've missed the show. Did the rain put a big damper on the swap meet and show? The dad of one of my friends judges at the show, and he was telling me that not many people came out because of the crummy weather.
1980 Pontiac Sunbird, 2.5L Notchback Coupe
1979 Pontiac Sunbird with transplanted Monza 305, notchback coupe
classic_cruiser

Postby Biscayne John » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm

The worst day for bad weather at Hershey is Thursday it kills both the Wed/Thurs and Thurs/Fri crowds. I have going since 1973 then I went with my father who was a Model T and Model A guy. As far as vending it killed me because where I am located my best day has always been Thursday, but it was pretty much a wash out! The good thing is my buddy drives us back to the hotel , so I guess in retrospect running out of mixers is better then running out of vodka at that point. There was about 1200 cars registered for the show, and about 100 no shows, and 10% is normal. I am an AACA judge also we still had 11 cars to judge.

Overall it was kind of a screwed up week because the meet always ended on Columbus day weekend and this year it started on the Tuesday following Columbus day, I think that had an affect on attendance as well. Either way it has to be one of the greatest social events in the hobby that I have ever been to, and has been going on since 1953. One of the vendors across from us sells Stanley Steamer parts, and saw my Cosworth and said "there are probably more Stanley's around then Vega's" he is probably right.
I had seen Jay Leno wandering around a few times which was cool, He was over talking to the Steamer guys for awhile. sad part is that nobody leaves him alone to enjoy the event.
John Mahoney
Long Island NY/Ocala FL
AACA
VCCA
CVOA
BCA
The Fleet
1954 Chevrolet BelAir sPort Coupe
1960 Chevrolet Impala 2 door Sport Coupe 348/340HP (AACA Grand National Winner)
1962 Chevrolet Impala 2 door Sport Coupe 409/409HP(the last one to do)
1962 Chevrolet Biscayne 2 door Sedan 327 Auto (AACA Grand National Winner)
1977 Monza Mirage 4 speed
1988 Celebrity Wagon (was my mother in laws since new 42K miles)
2011 28' Bendron Titan Enclosed Trailer; what they travel in when we go
2018 GMC 2500 Sierra Diesel Crew Cab; how we get them there without sweating
2015 Cadillac CTS
Biscayne John

Return to General Discussion