Does a Vega need a rear window gasket.

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Does a Vega need a rear window gasket.

Postby kevs1969daytona » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:49 am

Does anyone know if a rear window going into the hatch (below the window trim) needs a gasket, or can a windshield shop use some sort of sealant ? If Yes were do you get the gasket, I keep looking on ebay nothing. I Put it into the rear of my 1969 Daytona it's a almost perfect fit, windows are almost identical just 1 mm difference, they are oval just like the original Daytona and it's made from steel, you can get a rear hatch replacement they are very expensive but they are fiberglass and flimsy. Just the rear chrome window molding from AMD is $900. Those rear Vega hatches are very hard to find and worth $500 plus to MOPAR guys restoring Daytona and Charger 500's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevs1969daytona

Re: Does a Vega need a rear window gasket.

Postby monzaaddict » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:04 am

originally window would have been installed with window ribbon tape. 3/8" I believe for the rear window. I believe you prime window channel and edge of glass,then install ribbon on glass, then install glass, press along edges to ensure seal between window and channel, use a scraper type knife to coat outside edge of window/gasket/ channel mating area with liquid butyl sealant. I would imagine you could just use primer and liquid butyl sealant.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/ ... 497&rt=rud
monzaaddict

Re: Does a Vega need a rear window gasket.

Postby kevs1969daytona » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:13 pm

kevs1969daytona

Return to General Discussion