motion car question

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

motion car question

Postby ONE EYE » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:09 pm

I am trying to put flares back on my vega 1/4 panels. I cant find anything anywhere about what they were made of, or what kind they started out as, if they were modified. I have emailed the baldwin dealership praying someone there knows, or they know someone, that would know about them. but I have doubt that I will get anywhere with that. so I am asking here. if anyone has info, pictures, or dimensions (i.e. length of flare, width, or ANY info) please msg me, post here, or send to my email please.
EMAIL: ROCKCUT_RACING@HOTMAIL.COM
and.......
82 Z28- stalled project
67 biscayne- donated to a friend he gave it back!! now has motor from 94 burb below..
68 charger- next on the list hopefully
69 GTO- first car stalled when i lost the bolts about 9 years ago lol
81 El Camino- donated to my nephew he chose a 80 tubbed camaro instead
93 ZX7- traded for 86 blazer with TPI ---both gone
94 suburban- daily driver--ground issue so i cut it up. see biscayne for engine lol
93 Z71- plow truck
91 GMC sierra- project cruiser
99 SS hugger orange camaro- bought new and has 15,051 kilometers so far
ONE EYE

Re: motion car question

Postby 73astregt » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:11 am

try contacting fiber concepts if i remember corectly the guy works there that made the original l88 hoods for the motion vegas and still makes them. they may make the flares as well or e may be able to steer you in the right direction
73 astre gt 355 small block 435 hp 435 torque edelbrock performer rpm power package
73astregt

1973 Pontiac Astre GT

Postby monzaaddict » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm

http://www.localbrush.com/profile.html
This is the guy that painted the motion cars I would imagine he also would have installed the flares.
monzaaddict

Postby Monza Harry » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 pm

From the page Monzaaddict posted:
http://www.localbrush.com/pinstripedvehicles.html
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzaaddict » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:46 pm

also from my post
http://www.localbrush.com/motionperformance.html

"In 1968 Gary opened his own custom auto body & sign shop, "Ultra Automation." Joel then sent all of the Motion cars to Gary for body modifications & paint. Gary put the creative Motion stripes on the Corvettes, Camaros, Chevelles & Vegas. Soon after we started modifying the Corvette bodies, flared wheel wells, hood scoops, & spoilers for Motion, which Joel named the "Phrase III GT.""
monzaaddict

Return to General Discussion