amazeing grace- looking back on 4 years ago

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

amazeing grace- looking back on 4 years ago

Postby mldeolde » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:47 pm

after nearly going broke about 4 years ago. as a flooring contractor of over 30 years with an excellent reputation. I look back and see how eveything worked out due to god and friends looking out for me. came this close to selling every thing I had from my IMSA Monza projet after years and years of blood sweet and tears. only a couple more years to retirement at that time. but friends came thru for me and all of you guys gave me encouragement to get me threw. I couldn't just start over at 63 yrs old and install full time but friends gave me a supervisory position at one store over their installers and another dear friend in the business called me constantly to work with him personally on some of his technically intense special jobs. those things and every ones encouragement made it possible to make it thru to retirement though I ended up working to 67 yrs to make things work out financially. this is the time of year when we all look back and count our blessings and to be thankfull for everything we do have as many have much less . so to all the members of H body .org thanks for every thing AGAIN and a merry Christmas to all :th: :th: :th: PS: DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE PROPER FORUM FOR THIS
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Re: amazeing grace- looking back on 4 years ago

Postby hammerdown7 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:12 pm

It's a proper place as far as I'm concerned. God has blessed you with people in your business and friends from a variety of places. It's amazing how things work out when you put your faith in His hands. I know!

All the best Bruce!

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby rpoz-29 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:08 am

Great news Bruce. I've been through some dark days myself, (some of which I posted here a few years ago), but it worked out. Sometimes we have to accept the fact, that we're not really in control. Happy for you.
rpoz-29

Postby monzacoupe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:36 pm

I hope you have a long, healthy and happy retirement!!

Rick
monzacoupe

1980 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Postby mldeolde » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:04 am

and as my brother has been saying for years-'' LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO FINNISH AND DRIVE THIS CAR'' :bang: :dance:
mldeolde

Postby stage169 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:21 am

To the next 100k miles! Amen brother!

Merry Christmas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stage169

Postby hammerdown7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:29 pm

stage169 wrote:To the next 100k miles! Amen brother!

Merry Christmas!

We're not there yet as far as the snow but Merry Christmas!

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby mldeolde » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:56 pm

to stage169 : hope you have some of those nifty rear wheel spacers that Chevrolet offered in their parts department back in 1975 so you would have enough clearance to run snow chains. in my case they worked great to give me enough room to run those ausum bfg 50 series 13 inch radials I roan on my first Monza . a 1975 California spec 350 sbc powered factory 2+2 which I very much enjoyed. :dance:
mldeolde

Postby stage169 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 am

hammerdown7 wrote: We're not there yet as far as the snow but Merry Christmas!

Dick

Thank you & Merry Christmas! We are not there yet either that is an old pic. We did get a couple inches and woke up to 8 degrees this morning.

mldeolde wrote:to stage169 : hope you have some of those nifty rear wheel spacers that Chevrolet offered in their parts department back in 1975 so you would have enough clearance to run snow chains. in my case they worked great to give me enough room to run those ausum bfg 50 series 13 inch radials I roan on my first Monza . a 1975 California spec 350 sbc powered factory 2+2 which I very much enjoyed. :dance:

Now that would be a ride!

Mine doesn't like the cold :D The Skyhawk in the first pic was a members here that he couldn't get home for a while. It was from Wisconsin and was rusted so bad underneath a front spring went through the lower control arm!

This pic was a parts car but still the snow theme of course. It would kill me to get salt on one now but in my youth I would have had fun doing it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stage169

Postby mldeolde » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:57 am

that reminds me of one of the '' FEW '' really great things about southern California where I live. I can look today at nearby snow capped mountians,drive about an hour to the beach and not freeze to death.or just stay here and it will generally be 70-80 degrees. so the legend lives, to bad there is so much political driven problems here too. :|
mldeolde

Return to General Discussion