Rotors

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Rotors

Postby c5vair » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Does anyone know if the spindle that are used for solid rotors and vented rotors the same?
c5vair

Re: Rotors

Postby cjbiagi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:25 pm

There is a slight difference because of the thickness difference between rotors but I do know people have installed vented rotors on the early spindles. You need to use the late model dust shields or eliminate them and also use the later style calipers which have a larger diameter piston and pads which have more surface area.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby c5vair » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Yeah I know a little different in the rotor just wondering if the spindle was the same because wilwood actually sells a hub that will bolt on a vega spindle with the bearings specked in the chart so with the hat in the chart we could use wilwood hub, hat, rotor from wilwood on our cars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c5vair

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Here is a link to our search engine results: https://www.google.com/search?sitesearc ... gws_rd=ssl and one specific to "Dick's" history, do a search there as I remember him showing what was involved [I tried but our famous try again later message came up :( , Patients are required with that]. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:59 am

The bearings are the same.........
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby c5vair » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:18 pm

So does anyone know if someone as gone the full wilwood way meaning hub,hat,rotor and was it worth the expense to keep all the geometry the same? I have several sets of vented rotor setups but still want the 5 lug, I have re drilled them myself before but it is a hassle, it just seems that there would be a better way to get 5 lug and upgraded brakes with out the hassle of the s10 stuff just to end up with a short turning radius. I have been a H-body member a long time and i just haven't seen anyone come with a better way. Unless I am missing something. I am getting to put a v8 in one of my formula cars and looking for a better way to do the front end.
c5vair

Postby cosvega76 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 am

All you have to do to combat the turning radius problem with the S-10 spindles is to remove the stop bracket from the lower control arms, one on each side.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to General Discussion